MG34/42 MGZ40 Optical Sight for Lafette Tripod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MG34/42 MGZ40 Optical Sight for Lafette Tripod

Guys can you tell me if the MG34/42 MGZ40 Optical Sight were painted in German grey, or only in different shades of green?

Thanks,

Lou

Hi Lou,

As far as I know the MGZ 40 should never be painted green. Only grey and then found in tan from mid-1943 onwards.

Best regards,
    Pat

Comment

Thanks Paddy, well as I am not that knowlagble on these optic sites, I am glad I put this post, as a seller stated to me that they never came in German grey, and only in different shades of green.

One thing I forgot to ad images of the optic unit I looking to purchase, the only thing I don't like is that the optic box has been messed with post War and repainted grey and also white lettering added, but I not worried as I will be asking not to take the optic box with the sight, as I have seen a few come up for sale.

Lou
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Grey MGZ40.

Hi, here is my sight for the MG42, early original grey paint finish found under the later applied Norwegian paint, later sights painted Dunkelgelb, my other sight for the MG34 is factory finished in the earlier green paint. Regards David.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks David, it looks in very good condition.

Lou

Comment

Comment

Comment

For Patty !

Comment

Comment

Hello!
                      Maybe possible to find any instructions how to use mgz34/mgz40?
                      And second question about WaA - almost all scopes hasn't WaffenAmt stamps.

Comment

MGZ has original finish, while case has not. I cannot even say if case is original. Best to pay prize only for optics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly.roger View Post
                          Hello!
                          Maybe possible to find any instructions how to use mgz34/mgz40?
                          And second question about WaA - almost all scopes hasn't WaffenAmt stamps.
                          I would imagine that having built and checked a nice optical device it is not good practice to wack it with a stamp and hammer

Comment

Originally posted by timg View Post
                            I would imagine that having built and checked a nice optical device it is not good practice to wack it with a stamp and hammer
                            Tim,

Don't forget they also used ink stamps

C.

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
                              Tim,

Don't forget they also used ink stamps

C.
                              Hi Carles,

Indeed they did Which can survive happily inside a box but I suspect be disappearing in short order out in the weather.

Although I am happy to admit I have seen an ink stamp on the back of one of the little periscopes for the gunner that will fit the laffete sight.

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X