No announcement yet.

German 12x60 flak binoculars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plate on this 12x60 I got from a gent in the USA about 10 years ago, he was at that time selling them on eBay for $20.

I had it drilled to take the standard camera screw thread so a mount for a tripod could be screwed into it, with this it can be fitted to any tripod.

As Mike said, get a plate made for it, may cost say £30 approx. a light engineering works could do it in a short time if you buy the camera mount block and give it to a firm they should have no problem drilling and threading to take it.
    If you can leave the binocular with them this would be best so getting the size and cutting a groove to fit the front securing catch can be done easily.
    Tripod and camera mounting block all "Manfrotto", just what I had to go with my camera.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by behblc; 10-01-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

On a similar note, I had this plate made a few weeks ago to mount this British Ross on the German Flakglas set up. being able to leave the binocular with the man doing the work made it much simpler for him.

Much impressed by the refitting out of the transit case by Michael, a very good job indeed.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a LOT gents. I do appreciate you help. Now I know the way how to do it!

Comment

10 years from now, everyone will "know" the germans pressed Ross bino´s into service as auxiliary Flak´s.
          Why?
          They saw these photos "somewhere"

A friend of mine has reached eternal fame that way. As a young SS volunteer.
          How?

They took a photo of him, wearing a rare SS shirt.
          Since then, that photo is known to show an unnamed young SS volunteer.

In reality, it was taken in a garden in the suburbs of Copenhagen in the 1980-ies.
          That detail has been forgotten a long time ago. Now it is an original photo of a rare shirt.

Comment

Mike D. do you ever heard the radio plays by Andy Hamilton ( produced by the BBC) "Old Harry's Game". ?
            The plays are extremely dry-witted and are set in Hell were Satan (Andy Hamilton ) is attempting ( and failing) to torment an extremely nice retired Open Universiy Professor has been misplaced into Hell,. ( Satan does such a bad job he has unknownst to himself befriended "The Prof.").
            He transports the old gent through time and space to scenes of England's greatness and its social failings in an effort to show him that the England he thought existed, never actually existed. ( Meeting along the way a diverse selection of the damned who have to be punished and degraded according to Satan's twisted sense of humour. These range from Elvis, Jane Austin, some Popes whom he keeps in a pregnant state just to annoy them, various Saints and of course Hitler).
            On one such trip Satan shows the Professor a mob on a "typical English housing estate" who are " going after the sicko perve who lives in number 26" and how do they know, "Cos Graeme's cousin's friend who works in the chemist saw it on the internet"...... like your friend in the SS shirt and my poor wee Ross.
            Last edited by behblc; 10-02-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Nope, I didnt know it.
              Took a quick look. Liked that with the bankers, who, unfortunately, cannot abide Satan. Being bankers, they cannot be made to face consequences of their actions. Cute. Poor satan, even the master of evil is no match for bankers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X