• Time
  • Show
Clear All

German 12x60 flak binoculars

Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hello

Need opinion on this binocular and its price range. Optic is clear with all reticles. How rare it is with its box.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice 12x60, made for use on the French rangefinder from OPL

Comment

First time I have seen one dedicated to a french rangefinder.
          Seems to be in very good condition.
          I don´t like to go into prices, but given the box, and the french connection, 1,5X -2X the price of a similar bino in the same condition. Check out ebay for price level.

Comment

Does anyone has a similar box? I want to see what the inside of it looks like as I see some holes which can be some places of fixing of something. Can anyone provide more info how it works?
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by feldposten View Post
              Does anyone has a similar box? I want to see what the inside of it looks like as I see some holes which can be some places of fixing of something. Can anyone provide more info how it works?
              Thanks!

Hello there feldposten,

I have a cased 12 x 60 bino which, unlike yours, is mismatched.

My case is for a radar supported FMG 41 T bino but the 12 x 60 bino inside is for a more commonly encountered 4 meter R 40 rangefinder. But overall I am happy enough as both items are in good overall condition. To tell the truth, I only bought this set by reason of the case. I have observed many blc made 12 x 60 binos, but only two cases in total. So, I think you have done well for having located a matching set.

I need a quick sight which is missing from my bino if anyone can help to locate one I will pay well!

Attached Files
              Last edited by Michael Downey; 09-20-2017, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Here are so close-ups of the blc marking, top stabilizers and lid retainer

Attached Files

Comment

Close-up of left catch and wooden internal accessory compartment on right right. No idea what this compartment is for. If other members know would be grateful for details!

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Michael Downey; 09-20-2017, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Close-up of interior of case. See side tool compartment (together with tool).

Attached Files

Comment

Close-up of bottom and rear side of case.

Attached Files

Comment

View of case handle and of left hand compartment tool (square cross section).

Attached Files

Comment

Can anybody show me which kind of tripod will be suitable to install my binocular on it...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Can I buy just a tripod and install an adaptor on it? If so, where I can buy the adaptor...

Comment

These binoculars are supposed to be put on top of a 4 meter rangefinder. They are not used with a tripod.

If you want to use them for observation, I have seen other similar binos secured to a steel or aluminium plate that fits on to the bottom latches/mounting edges on the bino.
                              That will leave the bino in its original condition.

Do not alter the bino just to get it on a tripod. It will loose a lot of value.

That bottom plate, in turn, then usually has a rod, or pipe, welded to the underside, to make it possible to attach it to a tripod.

If a simple threaded hole is drilled in that plate, then it can be made to fit on top of an ordinary sturdy modern camera tripod.

That is one way to do it.
                              I doubt anyone is making such adapters. Either pay a local workshop to make one, or do it yourself.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X