Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt Bilko View Post
    Authenticity confirmef by SAS militaria expert Newbury
    I do not know who Newbury is, but I am guessing that your SAS militaria reference is a reference to SAS auctioneers which sold a pair of binos each with Kriegsmarine eagle - one set which is the subject of this thread. The auction sale was held on 21 November 2013. Is Newbury confirming the authenticity of both sets or just one set? The auction description does not make any reference to authenticity. On what basis is Newbury confirming the authenticity of the Ost marked set?
    Attached Files

Comment

It's not my reference - I just spotted it as the secondary part of the main description on the Ebay listing. But great detective work in finding out about the auction house - I presumed it was a Special Air Service militaria expert!

The motto of the SAS might well refer to some of the sellers of these dodgy binoculars - "Who Dares Wins"

Comment

I wrote that auctionhouse to notify them that some of their bino´s were probably fakes.

They did in fact send me an answer.

They had a good expert helping assessing them, and how could I be sure ???

I politely replied, that I did not want to buy any of them, but only wanted to give them a chance to reconsider autenticy.

Never mind, Their choice.
        I won´t condemn anyone trying to make a living. It´s their reputation, not mine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X