SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KM CA WH ? rangefinder Em 1,25 m R42 Entferrnungsmesse Wehrmacht or Kriegsmarine ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entfernungsmesser EM 1,25 R42

Ive just added one of these to my optics collection, pics to follow.........
    Last edited by whsammler; 10-31-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Just an update on my 5 year old comment. Now I believe these were intended for use in tanks, like in the late war small turret for the Panther.
      If anyone here happens to visit Bovington camp, could you possibly climb under their small turret in the exhibit and get a photo of the interior?
      It is standing freely on a fixture.
      There should be 2 hemisphere caveats at the inner side, just under the roof, where the rubber protusions would fix the rangefinder ends in the turret.

I did ask the museum, but they did not respond.

Comment

Hi Mike,

I rattled off a few photos of that turret a couple of years ago. Any use?

http://village.photos/members/Ian-Al...vington-turret

Ian

Comment

I think they are very useable, yes. And thank you.

From the remaining hole, I think the rangefinder intended for that, must have had a star like mount. Otherwise, the indent on the circle at the top would be in the way. And the 1.25 meter 4 rubber protusions does fit that like a T.

But, being so deep, I think it must have been possible to disassemble the 1.25 rangefinder somewhere in the middle for this purpose, in order to fit it in place.

The way the 1.25 m is made, should make this possible. In fact, it is the only german rangefinder I know, that can be disassembled like this.
          All the rest are mounted in a single piece of metal tube.

If I am right, then these rangefinders must have a close connection to the tank specs given for the development of the small turret.
          So, tank development may be a place to look for more info on the 1.25 meter.

Once again, thank you for those photo´s.
          Last edited by Mikedenmark; 11-11-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Bovington has a rescued rangefinder for the Panther Schmalturm.
            It's a prototype, standard tube design with an angled periscope tube fitted into the tube itself.
            I didn't take any photos of it on my visit last year.. sorry.
            Apparently there were only a few of them produced, there's was in the rubbish bin in the sixties / seventies
            Regards..Ian.

Comment

I have seen photo´s of that prototype.
              Looks like it was extended beyond 1.25 meter.
              Are you sure that was for the schmalturm. How do the angled tubes fit around the cannon then ??

You didn´t happen to measure the schmalturm? Center line to hole for rangefinder objective? heh heh. Double that, and we can see what was to go into that turret.
              Looks to me like a 1.25 meter might actually fit.

Besides, the Pz model with ballbearing rings attached cannot really be for the schmalturm. It must be for something else. Perhaps a panzer cupola.
              (or my personal favorite, the kugelblitz. I cannot make see how it should fit there either, but the revolving mount suggest some kind of AA gun.)

Comment

..you've got me doubting myself
                As it was in the Tiger exhibition..was it for a tiger-2 turret ?.

I'm afraid I didn't even see the Schmalturm..sorry.

See the link below for a pic with it

http://www.thetraveltrunk.net/wp-con.../04/TIGER5.jpg
                Last edited by feind-hort-mit; 11-15-2018, 05:42 PM. Reason: Insert link

Comment

Yes, that one.
                  Without the rubber thingies, and squared off ends. Tight fit, I suppose. Otherwise, why change the ends. Yet another variant.
                  which I also do not quite understand will fit in a turret. In the Jagdtiger 2 perhaps, but in a turnable turret??

Comment

Link to the rangefinder, video on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trf_g_LyrrQ

Em 1.6m R (Pz) fur Tiger Ausf. B

Comment

Amazing!!!!!

Glen
                      Collector of Wehrmacht Optics, Ordnance & Field Equipment.

Comment

I agree... wonderfull video.

Serial number 290920 ?

Vergr. ?? X. And it has been repainted. I wonder why, and when.

No guarantee for autencity, but it was supposted look like this:
                        https://www.emodels.co.uk/ammo-mig-1...ret-8500.html#

or here, the schmalturm:
                        http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/schmalturm-turret/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X