JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KM CA WH ? rangefinder Em 1,25 m R42 Entferrnungsmesse Wehrmacht or Kriegsmarine ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM CA WH ? rangefinder Em 1,25 m R42 Entferrnungsmesse Wehrmacht or Kriegsmarine ??

I opened this box and it feels like I am the first one since 1945

Is this a Wehrmacht or Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery rangefinder please?

PICT1457.jpg

Looks good but please post more Pictures

Andy

Comment

cover of the boxPICT1454.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH]2677237[/ATTACH]

Comment

Luftwaffe - it's for Anti-Aircraft use.
          Best regards,
          Paul

P.S. More photos! - I've never seen one of these models in a box, before.

Comment

KM CA WH ? rangefinder Em 1,25 m R42 Entfernungsmesser Wehrmacht? Kriegsmarine Luft?

Hello Paul
            Thanks for looking, do you have any pictures supporting your answer that this rangefinder is Luftwaffe?
            thx
            JoePICT1458.jpg

Comment

Photos of Em1,25mR? - Yes, and No.

Good Evening glaser,

Now, that is a very, very good question indeed, and I must admit that out of the hundreds of original photos that I've accumulated of Rangefinders - I suspect that I probably have only one or two of this particular rangefinder (Em1,25mR) in operation. All the rest are of various Em4m, Em1m-R36, EM34 and others.

Now, none of my photo collection are catalogued I'm afraid, and (like one of my previous answers to the Em1m-R36 Calibration query in another thread, I'm afraid that the majority of them are in storage). I do have saved scans of some images that might have been saved on my PC from eBay images, off the Interweb, or off the Axis History Forum (there's a specific thread for something along the lines of 'Do you recognise what this Optical Gear is' or similarly named) - but of course I don't have copyright to reproduce them here - certainly worth looking-at that AHF source. Best Quick suggestion is to use Google to search on 'Em1,25m' and click on the 'Search Images', and see what pops-up. Alternatively the Bund Archiv. will no-doubt have photos, but I've never tried to find more details on how to access it - obviously theirs will be heavily Copyrighted.

But as a general rule of thumb, handheld/shoulder-supported Anti-Aircraft (Stereo) gear is Luftwaffe**, Em34 (Co-incident image) is Heer for MG34/42 and I guess other terrestrial applications including PAK anti-tank, and Kriegsmarine (incl. Coastal Artillery) - again Stereo, but bigger!

**Even photos that I have of Flak used for ground-attack roles (20mm, 37mm, 88mm) are Luftwaffe Flak operatives generally with Em1m-R36. Original photos of Em1,25mR are, unfortunately, very thin on the ground.

Let me know what you dig-up - and if you're thinking of selling then contact me, as my EM1,25mR is in a very sorry state indeed (thanks to a Russian Air Force Officer who took it to pieces, and lost the bits in a haze of Vodka).

Cheers!
              Paul

P.S. I presume this one is ordnance manufacturer-marked as 'fwq' ?
              P.P.S. Wow, sorely disappointed by searching Google Images on 'Em1,25m' - nothing what-so-ever.
              Last edited by globbitz; 10-10-2013, 03:31 PM. Reason: Added 'took'. Added PAK, Added P.S. fwq query.

Comment

Please put in more photoes . At least 20 more that shows details of the rangefinder.

Comment

KM CA WH ? rangefinder Em 1,25 m R42 Entfernungsmesser Wehrmacht or Kriegsmarine

Paul
                  The rangefinder is marked jux for Nedinsco ( Zeiss affiliate), Venlo in Holland

Comment

I have found a similar one on WAF
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/FORU...d.php?t=354984

Comment

[ATTACH]2680066[/ATTACH]

Comment

I have similar entfernungsmesser( not box) , it is made by fwq and its read
                        Em 1,25 R (L) serial number 46XXX .
                        Optically it is a lot improved versus Em 36 ...

Comment

[ATTACH]2682591[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2685483[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2685484[/ATTACH]

Comment

I have had a couple of these... got 10-15 rangefinders some years ago, including 2-4 of these.

I Found ot they were experimental, or rather, intended for issue, but field tests showed them to be too fragile. The steel tubes bent too easily.
                              They were supposed to replace the more expensive fully grinded versions.

I found this info somewhere on the web.

One of those I had, was mounted with large turning steel discs on both sides of the center part. Also tan coloured.

I never found out what they were meant for.
                              One guess, could be the late war 3,7 cannons, single and double barrels.
                              Only, the field reports on them were 1942-43. A bit early for 3.7 late war FlakĀ“s.
                              So, possibly, the first were not tan at all. And the rubber knobs can also be a later addition to the original design. I am only speculating here.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X