KM UDF 7x50 UZO binoculars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
    It's not that hard to get it for that price.
    You just need to be on eBay 730 hours a month, and here it comes
    Alright you have to spent not more then 730 hours a month on ebay to obtain such a nice piece of brass time to visit mine local dealer in collecting old ferro it's goes quicker and i think it's cheaper

Comment

If we can just find something eeven close to this nice in old metal junk collecting facilities.
      It's just old furnaces and communist-era cars here :-(

But for this nice item, I'm ready to do whatever it takes.

Comment

Great looking pair if Binos...nice catch. Great display too

Comment

Nice UZO set!

Comment

small update...

as I am maaking all stands for my items, hats, display cases etc, I felt thaat this extraordinary item deserves something better than this one:
            Attached Files

Comment

So, I've done smaall homewoodsteelwork and this is the result, though still unfinished.

Same stand, but with 4mm stainless steel wire, much nicer and better looking.
              Let's say I am 80% satisfied with this one ;-)

Hope others will like it, and maybe someone will get idea for himself.
              I need to note that these binoculars are extremely heavy (+5KG od +11 pounds !!!), so for all those smaller bbinoculars 3mm stainless steel wire can be used. Will be enough.

I still have to shape the back seat so the binos can sit down to the bottom and put some soft cover on the stand so to preserve the color on the binos.

enjoy!
              Attached Files

Comment

Good looking Bino stand

Andy

Comment

Thanks Andy!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Reticles layout ?

hello to everybody ,
                    i am new at this wonderfull site and my sincere congratulations for the level of the site and its members

i have a question for the amiklic1 (author of OP):
                    can you post a pic of the reticles layout of the UDF 7x50 UZO ?
                    i am searching long time for the reticles of this device so if amiklic1, or anyone else who knows, can help will be much appreciated !

thank you very much

ps: sorry for my poor english !

Comment

n fact UDF, part of the UZO system, had only one vertical line in right tube.
                      On mine it's a bit unlevelled (will take photo tomorrow, it's night right now)

That line is to be kept by the aimer on the target, and below deck they would have the azimuth of the target.

Comment

n fact UDF, part of the UZO system, had only one vertical line in right tube.
                        On mine it's a bit unlevelled (will take photo tomorrow, it's night right now)

That line is to be kept by the aimer on the target, and below deck they would have the azimuth of the target.
                        hi amiklic1,

yes,i know that the udf has one vertical line . (the use of this device is for getting only the bearing of target ).
                        i am just searching for the exact look of this vertical line so ,if it is not big deal, please take a photo.

thank you very much for your time replying

Comment

Nice fixture for the UDF.

I would want a broader base, and something less prone to cracking than wood.

And, being a fussbudget, I would cover the metal to keep the paintwork safe from scratches, and the bino in general, from becoming part of a galvano element. Maybe the brass will be fine, but how about the lens coatings?

( it could be worse. Binos could have been made from pewter. Pewter is horrible. Or ask any collectors of old Contax camera´s about such issues. Contax´s can grow larger all by themself )

Comment

Originally posted by Mikedenmark View Post
                            Nice fixture for the UDF.

I would want a broader base, and something less prone to cracking than wood.

And, being a fussbudget, I would cover the metal to keep the paintwork safe from scratches, and the bino in general, from becoming part of a galvano element. Maybe the brass will be fine, but how about the lens coatings?

( it could be worse. Binos could have been made from pewter. Pewter is horrible. Or ask any collectors of old Contax camera´s about such issues. Contax´s can grow larger all by themself )
                            No need for a broader base, really. It's wide enough to prevent falling. The cabinet itself is not in a way so it's hardly possible something can happen.
                            This is bamboo wood, very dense and hard to crack. Not "ordinary" wood.

Metal is already protected now, and the back support is shaped to support the rear tube of the binos, but I haven't made new photos yet.

Anyway, thanks for the hints ;-)

Comment

What are those things that look like gears in your collection?
                              Last edited by 11C; 11-01-2012, 08:29 PM. Reason: Can't get the picture to post????

Comment

Originally posted by 11C View Post
                                What are those things that look like gears in your collection?
                                Those are rotors of naval Enigma machine. More can be read here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=596607

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X