Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeiss 3 D rangefinder . The GREAT OEM 2

Some photoes that shows great work from zeiss

Last edited by zeissasembi; 01-08-2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

serial numbers OEM-2

Hi I have also serial number OEM-2 1420 and 1520 I ask ake serial numbers do you have? I am interested how many actually were OEM.2 produced

Comment

494 and 1023.

483 is sold

I dont know - 2-3000 units maybe

All units i do have is coming from Praque

I did buildt a house for the OEM 2 . Its easy to open the 2 doors with window in the front and the unit is ready for use with more than 60 km distance of view

Last edited by zeissasembi; 01-08-2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

I THANK MY 1420 was produced in October 1986 IS to supply of the Czechoslovak Army

Comment

I've also wondered how many were produced, so here's my OEM-2s...

Zeiss Serial Number 102079 Nr. 1413 - Czechoslovak Army.

I also have Nr. 1416 and Nr. 1530, but they're in storage and I'm unable to confirm the complete Zeiss manufacturer's serial numbers.

However what I'd also like to know is whether you've found that the storage of the OEM-2 within it's shipping container with the oculars down have led to the oculars / prism system being deposited with out-gassed lubricants and/or other internal contaminants, as this is certainly seeming to happen with Nr. 1413.

Regards,
            Paul

Comment

I dont have mine storaged in the containers . Both of mine is standing on "duty" .

I think you may first do have to regenerate the spare sliicagelunits and then take out the sicageltubes and put in the ones that is regenerated.

91529 and Nr 1023 on my newest one

Comment

if you mean steamed inside the eyepieces it is typically a long-term storage disorder OEM-2. I have two and two population had the same thing. regeneration of silica gel will not help. okular should disassemble and clean.

Comment

You guys and your OEMs bless you

I'm glad you enjoy them - just too "new-school" for me lol.....

Comment

A lot of oldtimers is in use also
                    The every day use binocular at home is a DF 7x50 from 1920.

Its the one on the table.

The little one - Leidolf 6x30 is sold

Comment

Hello nonfood,

Many thanks for info on the Oculars / Eyepieces, I think that mine has suffered this fate - very small 'bubbles' are visible within the eyepiece when you look for them - luckily out of focus when you use the binoculars, but noticeable in some lighting conditions and/or when you move your eyes out of the exit-pupil.

I think that cleaning will be the only full-solution, luckily it doesn't impact the enjoyment of using the OEM-2.

Best regards,
                      Paul
                      Last edited by globbitz; 02-07-2012, 02:25 AM. Reason: Change of text-size.

Comment

The Oem 2 with only 14x 45 is great even if I have to study the horisont 12-30-60 km away .

Randaberg ,Tananger , Kvitsøy ,( Stavanger on the left side ) in the horisont

Comment

Oem-2

Hi,

Glad I found this forum. I have a very nice Zeiss OEM-2 Nr. 1119 that I purchased last year. It is in great working condition, but one of the small light bulbs for nighttime illumination is damaged. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase some spares?

Thank you!

Comment

Hello Steve_M,

You should find a complete set of 6 spare bulbs contained within push-in holders, and two loose bulbs within one of the metal boxes that are contained within the upper-half of the Shipping Crate. The metal box you're looking-for is the one which has the spare U-shaped objective shield, spare rubber eyepiece shades, and a set of 5 dessicant cannisters as well as a spare short battery-cable.

You will need to lift-out the 'L'-shaped wooden block that contains the dessicant cannisters to reveal the spare bulbs etc. underneath in a wooden block at the bottom.

The contents of the various metal boxes can be very illuminating, and I must admit that I am very impressed with the compleness of the accessories included within the OEM-2's shipping crate.

Cheers for now,
                            Paul
                            Last edited by globbitz; 02-22-2012, 04:48 AM. Reason: Slight change to description.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, my OEM2 was purchased from a consignment shop who would not find the shipping crate for me. So, I have no spare parts. Everything works great though, but I would like to obtain some spare bulbs if possible. Do you know if these are available for purchase?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X