Avoid it. Not genuine.
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
        Avoid it. Not genuine.
        Thanks John ! Looks similar to Post 975

Comment

Hi John and Gustav
          HHmm I´m not so sure John, take a look at Willi´s number 4 Tropical shirt in his newly thread Luftwaffe Tropical shirts.
          I´ve also never liked this eagle alot, but maybe it´s original!!

Best Jan

Comment

Another rare one!

For the summer flight jacket, i think.....finished around the edges, never used
            Attached Files

Comment

A large cut off fliegerblouse eagle ...

I like it !
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ZR1Jan View Post
                Hi John and Gustav
                HHmm I´m not so sure John, take a look at Willi´s number 4 Tropical shirt in his newly thread Luftwaffe Tropical shirts.
                I´ve also never liked this eagle alot, but maybe it´s original!!

Best Jan
                Jan, it is not the same eagle. My photo was not that good. I also have a loose one like that. Also not the same which John pointed out is a fake (and I agree).
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hello,

I bought a LW breast eagle.
                  Does anybody know if this a real or a fake eagle.

I wait for the respons

Hj collector

Comment

Originally posted by HJ collector View Post
                    Hello,

I bought a LW breast eagle.
                    Does anybody know if this a real or a fake eagle.

I wait for the respons

Hj collector

Unfortunately a fake ..

Jos.

Comment

I've noticed they vary greatly in texture, quality, construction/modification and color. I think it's superb you can find great variety. I'm open to opinions and thoughts on my addition to this wonderful thread.

Comment

Originally posted by der bingle View Post
                        I've noticed they vary greatly in texture, quality, construction/modification and color. I think it's superb you can find great variety. I'm open to opinions and thoughts on my addition to this wonderful thread.

Iwould like to get an opinion on this tropical triangle eagle,good or bad. i have always felt comfortable with it due to its overall construction, altho there is no mention of a triangular eagle in UNIFORMS,ORGANIZATION, AND HISTORY OF THE AFRIKA KORPS by Bender 1973,looking thru this most interesting and up to date thread there are several so i feel good about that....need to get up to date

Comment

Not good IMO. They did use triangular eagles, mostly on the tropical shirt, but less commonly on later issue tropical tunics.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
                            Not good IMO. They did use triangular eagles, mostly on the tropical shirt, but less commonly on later issue tropical tunics.

Jerry
                            Thanks for your honest opinion Jerry .May i ask what dont you like about it?

Comment

Reviewed the entire thread, and the only other eagle with a ribbed background for the tunic belongs to moderator John Hodgin, which is an established original....John could you please give an opinion on this ?

Comment

Trying to evaluate this eagle further , the only explanation i have for the rather sloppy exterior is that the outside perimeter was to be folded over for application to the tunic, so the sloppy stitching was to just hold everything together in the meantime. any comments good or bad are welcome.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X