• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse;
    Attached Files

Comment

Trop eagle

Personally I do not like at all but what's your opinion, please?
      Attached Files

Comment

You are correct in not liking this one Francisco.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I thought I might as well add my one and only LW Eagle to this thread.

What type is it? I know nothing about them at all but I presume it's an earlyish one for an enlisted man?

Comment

Hello Mike,

Yours is probably mid war, and yes, it is for enlisted.
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Cheers John!

Comment

Hello
                I just read all the thread...very impressive !
                Can I submit you my eagle ? It's the one which is sewn on my fliegerbluse.
                I only know that it is a post-war added because I can see the sign of another eagle stitching. But about authenticity ? There are no strands on the wings between feathers.

Thanks for opinions !

Comment

Greetings New Kid,

I am afraid I do not like that eagle. Very similar to a reproduction I am used to seeing. Several were at the SOS.

Regards,
                  John
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Did anyone have a chance to examine the Luft eagle sewn to a chunk of black panzer wrap material at the SOS? I just glanced at it but it looked interesting...

Comment

Thanks John ! I think that I'll look for an original one...

Comment

Re: HG wrapper eagle.

I did John, totally correct, original, ultra rare, and not for sale. I asked first thing Thursday morning.

Should have asked for permission to photograph it. That dealer knows his stuff, tons of insignia, and all of it genuine. Do you remember his name John? He could be a great source for many members like New Kid.
                        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Yes, that eagle was superb! I took a good look at it. And that is coming from a FJ smock eagle lover. I think the dealer's name is Walter. He was there with his son and father. He usually comes to the Union show so maybe he will be there this weekend. Perhaps I should try to get that eagle. At least a photo.
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
                            Perhaps I should try to get that eagle. At least a photo.
                            Take lots of cash, heard he turned down $1500 at the SOS......
                            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
                              Re: HG wrapper eagle.

I did John, totally correct, original, ultra rare, and not for sale. I asked first thing Thursday morning.

Should have asked for permission to photograph it. That dealer knows his stuff, tons of insignia, and all of it genuine. Do you remember his name John? He could be a great source for many members like New Kid.
                              I am sorry to say, I didn't get his name (and I would have forgotten it if I'd asked! -- old age.. ) I did buy a SA Kepi eagle from him - my only SOS purchase other than some of the outstanding Kurtz reference books.

Comment

The dealer almost always comes to the Raleigh Mil. show. Should Willi forget to get his card at the Union show, or if he doesn't show, I'll try not to have a senior moment at the next Ral. show. Over the years I have purchased some superb Luftwaffe insignia from him. Great guy.
                                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X