• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try a "burn test" on it, John

Best,
    Steve

Comment

It passes all tests Steve Waiting for Willi's thoughts on the back of the eagle in post 439..........
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Here is an unsual eagle on an unusual tunic. Opinions?
        Attached Files
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I like this one.

Juan
          Attached Files

Comment

I've been doing some scanning, and thought I'd add the eagles from this 30 year old Delta International catalogue.
            Attached Files

Comment

Metal one, too.
              Attached Files

Comment

Larger.
                Attached Files

Comment

This is listed under "Genuine, heavy wire bullion hand embroidered cap eagles for peaked visor caps." They also had army, army general, Africa Corps, Navy, and SS.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good contribution to the thread Bob, thanks. IMHO the head on the bullion Luftwafffe eagle is not very defined or convincing, ....... thankfully

Years ago I remember seeing lots of bullion that was suspect, including some very well done SS officer's collar tabs.
                    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Good or not?

Hi Guys,
                      maybe this is a more appropriate place for my question....
                      This one, in your opinion, is just a lower quality original or a copy?
                      My concern are about the lack of eye, the blue wool fabric of the backround you can see somewhere through the embroidery, and some details.
                      But maybe I'm wrong...
                      Please, any suggestion is much appreciated!
                      Thanks in advance
                      Daniele
                      Attached Files

Comment

Daniele,

This is a very difficult eagle to discern. Many believe there are authentic eagles like your example, and this may be so. This design has always made me cautious because it is so similar to known fakes. Compare it to this repro smock eagle. Must rush away, more later,
                        John
                        Attached Files
                        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Daniele, I agree with John on this eagle. It has some features that concern me, others that I like. Could we see an overall view of the eagle? What is it sewn too? The backing is a little odd, will check some eagles.
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

There are some odd eagles out there Daniele. I watched Willi buy this eagle from George Petersen at a Max show several years ago. At the time I thought that many might think this eagle could be a repro. and thus not be wise enough to buy it. It is very odd looking with the flipped up tail and short body. It's large eye is a good indication however. In fact, it is a very scarce variation from the rare blue-grey Luftwaffe tropical tunic. I would have been "grey" with envy when Willi bought this if I didn't already have one.
                            Attached Files
                            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hi Willi, Ciao John,
                              thanks, have sent you Pm and emails.
                              Best
                              Daniele

Originally posted by John Hodgin
                              There are some odd eagles out there Daniele. I watched Willi buy this eagle from George Petersen at a Max show several years ago. At the time I thought that many might think this eagle could be a repro. and thus not be wise enough to buy it. It is very odd looking with the flipped up tail and short body. It's large eye is a good indication however. In fact, it is a very scarce variation from the rare blue-grey Luftwaffe tropical tunic. I would have been "grey" with envy when Willi bought this if I didn't already have one.

Comment

I thought I'd ad some eagels to the discussion.
                                First picture is an early style officers eagle, which is originally sewn on a full dress evening uniform for officers.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X