Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here a simple "Fliegerblusen" eagle! Simple, but still a nice one (IMHO)

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin
      From the style I'd say Steve's is a breast eagle.
      Hi,
      It's a breast eagle.

Best wishes,
      Steve

Gerd , classic eagle !!
      Last edited by SMP; 03-21-2005, 03:46 AM.

Comment

What do you guys think of this green eagle - forestry? I think they are supposed to have green backing, but in this case the bird is also green?
        I was hoping it was for para or field divisions, but couldn't find any examples like it on the forum or in reference books.
        Regards,
        Fred
        Attached Files

Comment

green vs. gray
          Attached Files

Comment

Could you scan both the front and back of this eagle? So far, I am not liking the front detail of the green one. On the other thread you started, the back is also lacking some details I like to see on originals.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi,
              Here are some more pics, I ended up using my camera as my scanner pics didn't come out that great (after fiddling with the blasted thing for 45 minutes! ). If you want to see any specific parts of the bird, let me know and I can post closeups of those. The green one looks like it was sewn on at one time, you can see pinholes where the stitching was when you hold it up to the light.
              This eagle came from a 3 other luftwaffe eagles, they all looked good to me. They came from the nephew of the vet. The cap eagle has a green backing to it as well, but the eagle itself is a normal color.
              Regards,
              Fred
              Attached Files

Comment

backs of green ones
                Attached Files

Comment

all four
                  Attached Files

Comment

backs
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I can see that it was sewn on. Interesting. Can you give me a good view of the back? Does the back have only one color of thread? Or two? The green and an off-white?
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi,
                        Here is a closeup of the reverse. The threads on the back have two colors, green and a light green. The lighter colored highlights are a good sign, correct? Thanks.
                        Regards,
                        Fred
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a better pic of the green one, taken in natural light.
                          Regards,
                          Fred
                          Attached Files

Comment

Fred, the back just doesn't have the look I want to see. I think MGN first commented that the eagle may have be lightly dyed green. That could be the case.

Here are the backs of two green subdued HBT eagles. Note the color of the filler thread. Quite the contrast between the filler thread color and the eagle thread color. I have yet to see a Luftwaffe wool/HBT/cotton/GM eagle that did not have this distinct color difference between the eagle color and the filler color.
                            Attached Files
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hello Willi,
                              Thanks for the reply. Are the eagles you just posted green backing with grey eagles, or are the eagles also green?
                              Regards,
                              Fred

Comment

Here is a fine Field Division eagle sent in by a member/friend.

Fred, I have to agree with Willi, I can't prove it, but I think your green eagle is a reproduction.

Regards,
                                John
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by John Hodgin; 05-21-2005, 08:28 PM. Reason: typing in haste error
                                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X