This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes John, indeed it's the style seen on some para blouses
    Is the thread the same on both sides (i can't see a difference on pics)?

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin
      Consider this.
      If they were the same eagle from the same manufacturer, wouldn't they have the same backs and similar cotton strands on the wings ? Surely just the base material would be different ?

Steve

Willi...you out there ?

Comment

Originally posted by SMP
        If they were the same eagle from the same manufacturer, wouldn't they have the same backs and similar cotton strands on the wings ? Surely just the base material would be different ?

Steve

Willi...you out there ?
        hi Steve,

I do not claim that these are the same eagles, they are not. But I do feel that they are both late war versions that are authentic and similar. However, there are eagles from the same manufacturer that will have subtle differences. That is, the shape of head, eye, and bill, thickness of feet and swas., etc.. I have seen this often, mainly among later war versions. I have two identical tropical eagles, one has a thick, straight swas., while the other's is crooked and thin. As for the stitching in the wings being different, I've never seen that.

BUT! Show me another like this bird. You seeing them at tables at your shows? Anyone out there have another?

As for Willi, he thinks it is bad. As you already know, I disagree. Looks like you are on your own.
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Oh My!

Hey Francis, thanks for the mail
          Attached Files
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

My pleasure John,

I do not claim that these are the same eagles, they are not. But I do feel that they are both late war versions that are authentic and similar. However, there are eagles from the same manufacturer that will have subtle differences. That is, the shape of head, eye, and bill, thickness of feet and swas., etc.. I have seen this often, mainly among later war versions
            Agree ,they aren't the same but the design is the same as seen on the pic of the green one i had in my files (even if it's on an early smock) and other later ones that are also uglier in construction !!!

Now for the originality ,i'll let you comment as you have it in hand but surely if it's bad we'll have big problems soon

Comment

This truely an awesome thread! I am somewhat infatuated with Luft eagles.

I just picked this one up (cheap) in an antique store today. It doesn't glow under blacklight.

Let me know what you think!

John
              Attached Files

Comment

Back:
                Attached Files

Comment

Same eagle- pic taken outside in sunlight:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Rear of the same eagle, in sunlight:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

What do you think about this one ?

Is it the same like the one on page 8
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=lw+eagle

Regards

Werner

Comment

Good or fake ?
                        Any idea ?

Regards

Comment

Werner, I think many consider the Bevo eagles with the "humpback" eagle to be bad.

John, your eagle has nice details. I am curious about the bullion appearance. It is so, or it is the photos?

Steve, I still have concerns about the back details of the eagle on the trop one that John posted. Sorry John...
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn
                            Steve, I still have concerns about the back details of the eagle on the trop one that John posted. Sorry John...
                            No problem for me Willi. Interestingly, just before getting on line, I was comparing the reverse of the tan backed eagle to the reverse of the camo backed eagle that I posted with it. I am convinced that the tan backed is authentic. Though the camo backed is more loosely sewn on the reverse it exhibits the exact sewing construction as the tan backed. I think both eagles were produced by the same manufacturer. You have to actually hold them to really get a feel for this, perhaps you can visit during the MAX.
                            John

Then there is this:
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by John Hodgin; 07-06-2005, 09:52 AM.
                            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks Willi! The pics only make it look "metallic"- It is just the standard thread.

Comment

Here is the reverse of my tan one again.
                                Attached Files
                                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X