No announcement yet.

KRETA Cuffband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They did made some strange Kreta Cuffs. Here is one, on a Tunic i owned couple years ago. All original, Tunic a reworked Italian and the Cuff was made as well in Italy. You need a lot faith when you see them without the Tunic, but they did exist.
    Attached Files
    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
      They did made some strange Kreta Cuffs. Here is one, on a Tunic i owned couple years ago. All original, Tunic a reworked Italian and the Cuff was made as well in Italy. You need a lot faith when you see them without the Tunic, but they did exist.
      That looks like a "one-off" CT. I would think that when you handle enough of these things, you get a good feeling, or not. And with that example, you have to evaluate the "big picture". And even with non-textbook examples, what looks period, or, what follows the characteristics of modern fakes.
      "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller View Post

That looks like a "one-off" CT. I would think that when you handle enough of these things, you get a good feeling, or not. And with that example, you have to evaluate the "big picture". And even with non-textbook examples, what looks period, or, what follows the characteristics of modern fakes.
        Exactly. Is the only way to go.
        WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Here is a celleon specimen very similar as Gary B posted ( not the leather one)...the upper one on my photo...I can not find the old thread about it but these were found in officers groupings
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice assortment! The second one has the 9 leaves also. Less common than the 7 leaf version, as I understand it. I guess the question begs to be asked, did all officers wear bullion CTs? I am guessing not, as they seem to be much less common than the cloth types.
            "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X