Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KRETA Cuffband

Hi All,

I could use a bit of "cloth wisdom" from you folks. I am shopping for a KRETA cuffband. I stumbled across this Officer's Bullion version.

kreta officer 1.JPG
    kreta officer 2.JPG

This is the first of its kind I have seen. It looks odd to me? The first question is: were bullion versions in-fact made? The second question, which hinges on the first, were they privately made? All of the Officer's tunics and fliegerbluses I have seen have the standard machine-embroidered versions applied.

kreta em 1.JPG
    kreta em 2.JPG

All comments are appreciated. Thanks Much!

Mark
    Last edited by mmiller; 08-15-2020, 09:06 AM.
    "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

The first one is a fantasy piece, I believe. Not sure about the second.
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
      The first one is a fantasy piece, I believe. Not sure about the second.
      Thanks Gene. I had a 'feeling' about it. It seems cheaply made. Not something I would expect to see on an officer's sleeve.

Comment

Pick yourself up from the stumble and continue looking for a standard issue style example. They are not rare and one will appear soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
          Pick yourself up from the stumble and continue looking for a standard issue style example. They are not rare and one will appear soon enough.
          Hi Pauke,

That's the plan. So far, the choices are between 'cut-ends' and the 'hoard bundle' found several years ago. From what I see, they are all stained to greater or lesser degrees. I just missed a tunic-removed & ends-machine-stitched example that was super. I just have to be patient, or maybe someone here has one they want to part with!

Regards,
          Mark
          Last edited by mmiller; 08-15-2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I’m sure there was the odd one-off where bullion examples were created special. I did see one years ago that looked legitimate.

however this one is a repro.

J-

Comment

Their are bullion examples out their, not like that one. they have a more flat wire, and a darker tone.

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I doubt there are any images of the bullion examples available. One would be great to see, just to satisfy my curiosity. I'm trying to make a mental picture ... is the bullion somewhat similar to the bullion, on say, SS cufftitles?

MM

Comment

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I would just piggy-back on the one I have already started. I have found a KRETA cufftitle that looks good to me. I would appreciate your review. These are the only images I have right now. They aren't super-def. I was trying to make out the diagonal weave in the cloth, but not sure if I see it, or if it is a 'must be'. The other detail I was looking for in the reverse, was the base cloth white threads covering the gold embroidery. Again, I'm not experienced enough with these to know whether that is a 'must be'.

Should I pull the trigger?
                  Thanks,
                  Mark

k1 (2).jpg k3_LI.jpg
                  k2 (2).jpg
                  k5_LI.jpg
                  k4 (2).jpg
                  k6 (2).jpg

Comment

Looks nice so far
                    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hey Gene,

That's what I was hoping to hear. 3.3 X 44, so it's 'in-spec', overall size-wise.

MM

Comment

This one attributed to a Generalmajor on leather and oe to an Oberstleutnant.

Gary B
                        Attached Files
                        ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Gary,

Answer 1 - C'mon. I saw those on ebay for $35 each.
                          Answer 2 - .............................................. Speechless!

MM

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller View Post
                            Hey Gene,

That's what I was hoping to hear. 3.3 X 44, so it's 'in-spec', overall size-wise.

MM
                            Yes, that is a nice one.
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks Willi,

Along with Gene, your affirmation carries good weight!

Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X