Hermann Göring's Schulterklappen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermann Göring's Schulterklappen

Visited the NRA Museum last month and saw his shotgun on display. Sorry for the glaring photos, but the display lighting made it tough.
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Was this supposed to be presented to Göring or from him? Kind of confusing. Was the leather casing created with the shotgun as a center-piece and all the other pieces associated with Göring? I don't understand why a pair of Reichsmarschall shoulder boards, a medal of some sort and an imperial shooting medal are associated with the shotgun? The inscription reads "In grateful appreciation/ Hermann Göring" doesn't it? Sounds like a gift from him.
        Last edited by JoeW; 03-23-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

The shotgun is amazing. Thanks for taking the time.

Comment

Joe, I don't know. I was confused as well, and the staff present did not know either. To me it appeared to be a gift from him, but why then his name on the shotgun?
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Attached Files
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Nice, but confused as you are about the casing.

Comment

The other confusing point is the event or whatever (Berkfel Carinhall) occurred in July 1937 but the medal and shoulder boards associated with Reichsmarschall Göring would gave been created after his promotion in July of 1940.

Comment

Is this just put together post war a shotgun and random items a pair of shoulder boards a achievements of the technical branch of the airforce medallion + bits in a strange leather covered box

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Mike

Comment

Great pics! Any idea the manufacturer of the shotgun? Krieghoff, Merkel?
                        Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Display looks nice, but hard to check, I agree, bit of strange, forged combo this way..
                          Musea are difficult places, have been to places where 75% was fake, other musea were great, but strange set-ups etc..
                          Also been to places where a special guy, who doesn't know anything about militaria does the set-ups and neon lights etc..
                          Musea with only show cases at the wall, man, it probably has to do with money, but it's hard to find a decent museum with the right feeling, even smell nowadays.
                          Also, people would like to see a bit of evidence, instead of a dead show case with a written card maybe..
                          It seems hard to create a speaking museum, without modern looks, not looking like a jeans shop in town..

Jos

Comment

Originally posted by Jos L C View Post
                            Display looks nice, but hard to check, I agree, bit of strange, forged combo this way..
                            Musea are difficult places, have been to places where 75% was fake, other musea were great, but strange set-ups etc..
                            Also been to places where a special guy, who doesn't know anything about militaria does the set-ups and neon lights etc..
                            Musea with only show cases at the wall, man, it probably has to do with money, but it's hard to find a decent museum with the right feeling, even smell nowadays.
                            Also, people would like to see a bit of evidence, instead of a dead show case with a written card maybe..
                            It seems hard to create a speaking museum, without modern looks, not looking like a jeans shop in town..

Jos
                            I agree. One museum that always impresses me very much is Leeds Armoury, suits of armour and accoutrements , including from ancient times, medieval ( inc Samurai ) English civil war to items to the modern day extremely well displayed - they have struck a very good balance there, in spite of the breadth of areas they have to cover. Not WW2 but Well worth a visit if you're ever in that part of the U.K ! It is superb.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                              The other confusing point is the event or whatever (Berkfel Carinhall) occurred in July 1937 but the medal and shoulder boards associated with Reichsmarschall Göring would gave been created after his promotion in July of 1940.
                              An observation:

"Berkfel" is not a German word; it's nonsensical.

I dare say that inscription was copied from the one on the brown leather case by someone who can't read German Gothic letters: On the case it says "Werkfest", which is roughly a celebration/festival for the staff of a company, in this case probably for personnel who had worked on the remodelling and enlargement of Carinhall, which was completed in July 1937.

So, as nice as the items are individually, they were put together in a post-war-made leather display box.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X