• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tijl26 View Post
    foto is very clear in my archive ,but not here ,d'ont know why ,

Regards ,

Jan
    Euronimus ,
    youre right ,its the iron part for the adaptor for gluzunder 28 ;i never checked it before ,we are learning every day

Comment

The reasons for my question about metal inserts...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Euronymous View Post
        What you are showing us is the part of the 2nd model of cap to adapt a fuze like Glühzünder 28 or an other one.

When you say "2nd model" are you referring to the German made version of the Flascheneismine instead of the original Finnish JÄÄMIINA m41?

I believe that only one per case was fitted with a cap that would accept a Glühzünder 28, as it was used as the ignition charge. However, this was also done with the original JÄÄMIINA m41 as shown in the first picture below, and the example on the right in the second picture. The example on the left in the second picture is the German version, although without the cap designed to accept the Glühzünder 28.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by WWIIBuff; 11-05-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
          When you say "2nd model" are you referring to the German made version of the Flascheneismine instead of the original Finnish JÄÄMIINA m41?

I believe that only one per case was fitted with a cap that would accept a Glühzünder 28, as it was used as the ignition charge. However, this was also done with the original JÄÄMIINA m41 as shown in the first picture below, and the example on the right in the second picture. The example on the left in the second picture is the German version, although without the cap designed to accept the Glühzünder 28.
          When I say "2nd model", I am just referring to the cap which accept a Glühzünder 28 fuze. It's just my own designation of this cap nothing official. It just to distinguish both pattern of zinc cap. On your photos, both model are german made, finnish ones are a bit different.

Comment

Originally posted by Euronymous View Post
            When I say "2nd model", I am just referring to the cap which accept a Glühzünder 28 fuze. It's just my own designation of this cap nothing official. It just to distinguish both pattern of zinc cap. On your photos, both model are german made, finnish ones are a bit different.

Thanks. Yes, in my picture, both caps are German made, but just to clarify, the bottle on the right is Finnish made and marked SA.

Comment

The Finnish way of attaching the electric detonator was different.

Comment

here the ones in my collection

and wooden inserts with the metal part (wood copy )

Regards

Jan
                Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Jan. Thanks for showing them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X