No announcement yet.

EiHandgranate 39 Übungs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the one shown on the training egg is original....

Comment

Yes, I also don't have any doubts..
      The ones shown on the training eggs are original IMO.

I mean the one shown by Klarkon, that's really different shaped as the German ones. It's really flat.

François

Comment

OK guys, what am I doing wrong, or what am I missing. I am trying to attach my Übungsladung 30 to my Eihandgranate Übungs, but it's just not working.

As you can see from the first picture, the Übungsladung 30 screws onto the B.Z.E.39 just fine. However as the second picture shows, once the B.Z.E.39 has been screwed into the lid of the grenade, there are not any visible threads for the Übungsladung 30 to screw onto.

As the third picture shows, attaching the stem to the end of the B.Z.E.39 does not help, as it is a much smaller diameter.
        Attached Files

Comment

John, it only works when the Übungsladung 30 is still sealed.....
          Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Thanks guys, but I am still not understanding I guess. I assume my Übungsladung 30 is one that has already been fired, and therefore something is missing, something that connects it to the bottom of the closure cover.

For what it's worth, I did translate the first part of klarkon's image above in an effort to figure out what you are referring to, but it was not helpful.

For the reference of others, this is the translation I completed with the help of Bing Translator. I know it is not completely accurate, but it's all I have.

Egg hand grenade 39 (Üb)

According to the OKH-disposition of 28.11.41, the practice hand grenade was introduced for the pre-exercise in throwing hand-held grenades with the egg-hand grenade 39.

The egg hand grenade 39 (Üb) is thrown in conjunction with the exercise charge 30n and the fuze for egg hand grenade 39. It corresponds to the dimensions and weight of a sharp egg hand grenade 39.

Handling:
              1) Unscrew the closure cover.
              2) Unscrew the protective cap from the igniter and screw the latter into the bore of the closure cover.
              3) Screw the exercise charge onto the decelerator tube of the igniter.
              4) Screw the closure cover with fuze and exercise charge into the egg hand grenade 39 (Üb).

The closure cover must be tightened.

The Egghandgrnate 39 (Üb) is ready to throw.

The practice hand grenade also had to be thrown immediately after the removal, if only for this reason, so that the soldier gets used to the immediate throwing after the pull." An egg hand grenade 39 (Üb) accidentally fell to the ground after the removal was only allowed to be lifted after the detonation of the exercise charge, which was harmless at some distance.

Comment

My bet is that the pictures are poorly drawn..............
                This is the right way as I think :

Comment

Originally posted by oberjaeger View Post
                  John, it only works when the Übungsladung 30 is still sealed.....

So does that mean in your pictures the Übungsladung 30 is not really attached to the Eihandgranate 30 (Üb) closure cover or the Brennzünder? It is just made to look that way for the picture?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by WWIIBuff; 09-15-2019, 08:55 PM.

Comment

OK, after creating my post above, I realized that something is still wrong. There is only one set of female threads inside the closure cover tube, so the male threads on the stem of the Übungsladung 30, and the male threads on the Brennzünder cannot BOTH occupy that space at the same time (see orange square in picture below), there just is not any room.

There has got to be something we are missing. Perhaps an adapter that created two different methods of attaching the Übungsladung? Maybe both methods of attachment showing in post #23 above are possible with the adapter?
                    Attached Files

Comment

You're probably right. Unfortunately I don't own Ei.Hgr.39 (Üb) and therefore I can not try it.............
                      My fault . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by klarkon View Post
                        You're probably right. Unfortunately I don't own Ei.Hgr.39 (Üb) and therefore I can not try it.............
                        My fault . . . . .

No problem klarkon, I guess the mystery continues for now. Hopefully Jens can help clear things up with more information or pictures of his example.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X