No announcement yet.

Zundmittel Spr.patr.Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now, there it is. Final matte finish. I hope it looks OK.
    I found a stamp on the other can, the blue one. It is dated 1942.

Carles
    Attached Files

Comment

akv - Prager A.-G. der berg und Huettenwerksgesellschaft,werk Tyrnau, Slowakei. ( Trnava, Slovakia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovakia )

Comment

Well, I've got the 2 Sprg.Ptr.Z 72 and Z 85 cans, 2 Zündmittel cans to go with them, I've almost got the instructions leaflet complete...so I only need the Sprengpatronen for my cans, oh! and the wooden spacers. Please, if anyone has a wooden spacer for the cans let me know, as I need to know the dimensions.

Carles

Comment

Hey gents,

I've found a new Zündmittel can in much better condition than those two I had. It still has the original protective lacquer. You can even see thaces of the glue os the sealant tape that keept the tin closed.

Carles
          Attached Files

Comment

I have already transfered the contents of one of the other tins to this one. Seems it was found locally, so I can only think it came from one of the 20 PzKpfwIV or 10 StuGs, or any of the artillery pieces Spain bought in 1943. I can now spare can #2 in my first post!

Carles
            Attached Files

Comment

Gents,

As I got no information about the wooden spacer so determined it should be about 1.5cm thick. I managed to get my carpenter make some parts for me, among them 2 wooden blocks for my spacers. I shot a photocopy of my rusted Zündmittel can in which you could see the print of the hole in the spacer and getting them ready.

Carles
              Attached Files

Comment

Is the wooden spacer for the Spr. Patr. Z34 container the same size as for the larger calibre tins?

PC

Comment

Hello Paul,

From what I have seen in pics I can imagine the spacer is the same for all Z cans but can't confirm because I've only got a Z72 and a Z85.

Carles

Comment

Carles,

Outstanding pieces.
                    You now almost ready to destroy any 7,5cm KwK

Cheers

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
                    Hello Paul,

From what I have seen in pics I can imagine the spacer is the same for all Z cans but can't confirm because I've only got a Z72 and a Z85.

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by Dufleuve View Post
                      Carles,

Outstanding pieces.
                      You now almost ready to destroy any 7,5cm KwK

Cheers
                      Yes, but unfortunately, if I did, it would be my own one

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
                        Yes, but unfortunately, if I did, it would be my own one

Carles
                        Sounds interesting Carles

I have the complete Z34 and an original instruction sheet. Along with that I have the wooden spacer. From a quick measurement you have the thickness correct.

You seem to be well sorted now but if you want pm me and I can email you pictures.

PC

Comment

Hello Paul,

Thanks for confirming, now I can RIP. I mean, now I can relax knowing I have done it well

Carles
                          Last edited by me6_130; 03-01-2017, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Hello

Please, can you tell me how you arrive at a smoothing of the container? I have to restore some and I am very interested.

Best regards from France

Comment

Originally posted by TOBROUK View Post
                              Hello

Please, can you tell me how you arrive at a smoothing of the container? I have to restore some and I am very interested.

Best regards from France
                              Hello,

To start with, the container was very lightly rusted. I first cleaned it with vinegar (I think) removing all the rust. Then I started filling the bigger holes with paint and sanding, 2 or 3 times. I then painted several layers and on the final one I finished by powdering with talcum powder. See evolution in post #15.

Carles

Comment

Hello me6_130

Thank you very much

Alain

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X