Zundmittel Spr.patr.Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zundmittel Spr.patr.Z

A couple of months ago I managed to get an empty Zundmittel Spr.patr.Z tin (pic 1). Unfortunately it was empty, as mentioned, but today I 've got one full (pic2):

Carles
    Attached Files

This second one is in not so good condition, so I will transfer the contents to the nicest and the other will be spare. Are these contents correct?

Carles
    Attached Files

Comment

NOW, due to condition...how can I be sure these fuses have been deactivated????? Could the cord itself be dangerous?

Carles
      Attached Files

Comment

Well, I decided to study the thing myself...due to lack of replies. As both igniters 29 and 39 are friction kind. and not sure if deactivated, I think the best is to dip some oil inside, to make the macht material inert. I imagine the cord itself might not be dangerous if not lit. There is no fuse, so no problem on that side. Once deactivated I will clean and restore the whole set. Does any member have a Sprengpatrone Z charge (empty) and/or transport container they are willing to sell?

Here you can find some great info:

http://www.lexpev.nl/fuzesandigniter...zuender29.html

Carles
        Attached Files

Comment

Well, I keep on working on this. Both igniters are now soaking in oil.
          I am also working on the instruction leaflet, using a photo of an original one as a base to make a repro. I would need some help, as the copy I am using is that on the lexpev.nl web and it is not in too good condition, and I also need the dimensions. Would it be a DIN A3?

Carles
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice find. How long is the safety fuse? Looking forward to seeing what information you come up with. Sorry that I don't have anything to offer you.

Comment

I've been working on the leaflet. Here you can see the length of the fuze system, I believe but not compared to the real thing.

Carles

PS,

I'm back home, and Yes! the lengh IS 1075mm aprox.

Carles
              Attached Files
              Last edited by me6_130; 05-09-2016, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Now, here's the set once clean and in the "new" can. I only need to all the rest ( the Spreng Patrone Z + the transport can for the whole set). If any one is interested in the other can, just let me know.

Carles
                Attached Files
                Last edited by me6_130; 05-10-2016, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Gentlemen, I need your assistance to complete my work. I would need a good scan of the back of the instructions leaflet. This one is incomplete and work is too hard in some places, where stains are too dark. Thanks in advance.

Carles
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have a few scattered pieces, but they are not in good condition.
                    Ciao

Comment

Hey GIL, I've got a spare Zundmittel can and you've got 2 Sperngpatronen Z cans. Why don't why exchange. You keep the one for the Tiger (Z96) and the panzer III one (Z72) for me

Carles
                      Last edited by me6_130; 05-17-2016, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Gentlemen,

I am now the proud owner of the two Sprengpatronen Z cans in post #10. Now they are complete with the two Zündmittel cans. One is a Z72 can, for 7,5 cm guns (Panzer IV, StuG III, PaK40), while the other is a Z85 can, for 8,8 cm...for Flak, Pak 16/36/37/41/43 guns and Tiger I, KönigsTiger among others. The Z72 will be keeper, while the Z85 will be seller...

Carles
                        Last edited by me6_130; 07-14-2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Just a question...does anyone have a wooden spacer that goes between the Zündmittel can and the Sprengpatrone Z cartridge? I'd like to make a repro for my cans and I would need the right thickness, as the diameter should be the same as the Zündmittel can.

(pics taken from the internet)

Carles
                          Attached Files

Comment

Gents,

I've been working a bit on the Z85 can. Hope you like it. Not finished yet, as you can see.

Carles
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by me6_130; 10-08-2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

It still needs a final touch but almost finished. I found the maker's code also: akv =Berg und Huettenwerksgesellschaft, Werk Radotin bei Prag, renamed Prager Aktiengesellschaft fuer Berg und Huettenwerksgesellschaft in c.1943 according to:

http://oldmilitarymarkings.com/codes_full.html

Carles
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by me6_130; 10-15-2016, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X