Stielhandgranate 24 WaA help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nica and interesting pictures Nick!

The first one is hard to read due to the rust. Let me know the RR number as you can read it!
    The second and third are RR 512, which is Hermann Wuppermann AG, Stanz- u. Emaillierwerk, Pinneberg, Hamburg. The post 1940 code would have been "fzl", but I have never seen any marked with that code, so I assume they stopped making Stielhandgranaten in 1940.
    Note that the font improves from 1939 to 1940, the RR looks more like the Richard Rinker logo in 1940 than it did in 1939. The same takes place with at least one other manufacturer, Wilhelm von Hagen Metallwarenfabrik, Iserlohn Westfalen, code RR 564.
    Attached Files

Comment

The two with WaA65 are both made by Richard Rinker GmbH, at the Menden, Kreis Iserlohn factory.

RR 801 was made by Nirona-Werke, Nier & Ehmer, Auto- und Fahrradzubehör, Beierfeld/Erzgebirge (post 1940 code gnx). I would appreciate it if you possibly could read the WaA number with a magnifying glas......

Then another RR WaA65.

Then a rare bird! Richard Rinker changed from his RR logo (used up to and including 1939) to his assigned code 336 in 1940. Strangely enough he changed back to his RR logo in 1941. The 336 code has only been observed on 1940 dated RR's.
      Another interesting detail about this one is the "K" (Kalt) stamp to the top of the head, which would normally be placed on the side of the can. Very hard to read, but I think it is "Ld", which means that the explosives were manufactured at Lechfeld & Depyfag G.m.b.H, Werk Neumarkt/Oberpfalz
      Date would be November 1940, and it would have no white text to the side of the head.

Then a RR217, WaA331. This one is by far the worst to crack as it haven't been included in the prewar code lists. I have the answer, but I still need to have it confirmed through studies...

Although a Smoke, it is an old friend: RR 797 is the maker Hasag, Hugo Schneider AG, Metalwarenfabrik Leipzig, werk Meuselwitz, Thuringia. WaA 698

Comment

Hi Bergflak

very informative,, thanks,, I'll did out some more Waff stamps and codes ( that are paired on same item)

Regards Nick

Comment

Excellent, I need help on the WaA's!

Comment

What's the maker's name for RR513 ?

Comment

RR 513 was the code for Vossloh-Werke GmbH, Werdohl/Westfalen. Post 1940 code was "flf". I have the Waffen Amt registered as WaA594.

Comment

Thanks Bergflak ! I have a Stielhandgranate marked RR513 and indeed it has the Waffenamt WaA594.

Comment

Here's a unusual one ..

M24 handle but with 2 makers stamps on it. ill let the picc do the talking see if you can make out the makers.

I will take some better piccs later as these are old ones I took a long time ago,

Regards nick
                  Attached Files

Comment

That one is a real challenge. The handle is marked for a "bdp." 43 (note punctuation as part of the code), Friedrich Maurer Söhne, Eisenwerk und Kesselschmiede, München / Freimann. So far so good.
                    The rear side has the markings from a Stielhandgranate 15 from WW1, 5 1/2 Sek AEG, an abreviation (not a code) for Allgemeine Elektricitäts Gesellschaft.

How that marking ended up there is more of a mystery, if it is a real WW2 handle (I am not in any position to tell from the supplied pictures).

-Someone reused a Stielhandgranate 15 handle when manufacturing the bdp. handle.
                    -Somehow the metal stamp from WW1 has been applied to the bdp. handle.

A strange coincidence? But "stranger things happens at sea....."

Below are pictures of a standard 1943 bdp. marked handle and a Stielhandgranate 15 marking, similar, but made by ABB (Asea Brown Boveri I guess).
                    Attached Files

Comment

yes.. correct.. I think life started out as a trainer M24 as red paint on wood ( it has a mid 1920 date on AEG stamp. then the later stamp..

ill make better piccs when I can,,

Regards nick

Comment

a few more... FLF 1

FLF hgr
                        Attached Files

Comment

Flf 2

All matching FLF not very clear but may be able to id last number.
                          Attached Files

Comment

RR M39 handle AQJ

Unusual RR stamp.
                            I think its a Q hope you can confirm either way please?
                            Attached Files

Comment

RR 803 code

another RR with waff stamp //
                              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X