Stielhandgranate 24 WaA help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stielhandgranate 24 WaA help

Has anyone here got a dbk or brb Stielhandgranate that has a readable WaA stamp (can or handle, doesn't matter)?
    I think the dbk should be WaA560 and the brb WaA56. Should be late 1941 up to 1942 I guess. Any help appreciated, as I am trying to dechiper who-made-which.

This is the only picture I have been able to find, and it is of course missing the vital part. The only detail I can work out is that the WaA has three digits.
    Attached Files

"dbk" is the maker mark for Richard Rinker.

Comment

both are the same maker

Comment

Well, yes and no. Both are made by the company Richard Rinker, but they are made in two different factories, at two different locations. Easy enough to tell post-1941, more tricky on the earlier models. But not impossible!

Comment

Originally posted by Bergflak View Post
          Well, yes and no. Both are made by the company Richard Rinker, but they are made in two different factories, at two different locations. Easy enough to tell post-1941, more tricky on the earlier models. But not impossible!

RR had many factories and several stamps were used for the said metalworks. The RR was dropped at some sites... the early items were RR ( reversed RR ) then the normal RR,, this confuses new collectors as they often get informed that the RR SHOULD be reversed,, not so..

might be a good idea to run a RR thread

Regards Nick

Comment

Not that easy or simple, I'm afraid. I have been studying the Stielhandgranate and the makers for my new article. Richard Rinker only manufactured Stielhandgranate 24 in two factories. The grenades NOT marked with JUST a simple back-to-back "RR" were made by an array of other manufacturers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bergflak View Post
              Not that easy or simple, I'm afraid. I have been studying the Stielhandgranate and the makers for my new article. Richard Rinker only manufactured Stielhandgranate 24 in two factories. The grenades NOT marked with JUST a simple back-to-back "RR" were made by an array of other manufacturers.
              Rinker manufactured grenades with RR and Reversed R's,( their commercial logo) as well as the ordinance codes brb and dbk, maybe other codes as well. Rinkers were prolific manufacturers of ordinance related items. I would imagine that a whole host of subcontractors would have been involved in manufacturing for Rinker.

Comment

That has been the accepted truth, yes. But it is time to shake that three and consider the facts over again. RR was manufacturing the grenades on demand. It was the Wehrmacht that bought the products. RR played no coordinating role between manufacturers. The procurement offices of the Wehrmacht ordered the grenades from more and more manufacturers as the clouds of war started to build up. The "RR" markings on all "non-RR" makers are just camouflage, the real identity is hidden behind their codenumber. The camouflage "RR" was done in 4 different ways among the 16 makers that made the Stielhandgranate 24 pre 1940, and some actually switched their markings over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by MG34NZ View Post
                  Rinker manufactured grenades with RR and Reversed R's,( their commercial logo) as well as the ordinance codes brb and dbk, maybe other codes as well. Rinkers were prolific manufacturers of ordinance related items. I would imagine that a whole host of subcontractors would have been involved in manufacturing for Rinker.
                  Some Waff stamps with makers detail codes.. hope this helps,
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Rare Stamped Waffenampt,,

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hope these help on your quest.. ill see if I have any more to post..

Regards Nick

Comment

Two more..

Attached Files

Comment

another satmp..

Another Waff stamp on M39 Nebel, stamped not printed like the previous stamp.
                              also paired to its original handle.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X