• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I gents can say.....I do not have one

Mark
    MACVSOG Historian

Comment

Here is a photo of my grenades, one from 1-43 and one from 10-43.

Interesting that even with the limited production these grenades had, there still seem to be plenty of small variations from one example to the next. Note the different knurl pattern on the two caps as well as the color variations.

Mark, Don't worry too much about not finding one of these for your collection. I'm sure the MACV-SOG use in Vietnam of this particular grenade was very limited.

Rick

Comment

Very interesting Ordnance, and yes there is a lot of variations, especially when it comes to the caps, and the paint.

Here are the M 43, and the M42 (splitter). These are both water-finds and have been covered in lacquer etc, and have been touched up to preserve them. The "splitter coil" (that by the way is in a rather soft metal, feels like pewter in fact) shown in the photo I have only found in this grenade (splitter), and not the others (but on the German site that its a link to in this thread shows it together with the normal M42 as well!?) The German site also says that it was filled with fp 02, that I doubt since all the ones I have opened contained an other explosive substance that looked like miniature cornflakes, I had now time to analyze it further before it was burned.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Hilton; 03-20-2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

gg

gg
          Attached Files

Comment

Rick, Miguel,

HHHhhhhmmmmmmm, Rick, I can make that work, yes, that is it! It was adopted by SOG right after the Germans did, but they didn't like it so they sold the rights to the SOE-CIA-SF = SOG. I'm pretty good at this?

On the serious side, Rick I am envious.mmthey are indeed interesting to say the very least!
            Last edited by Granate; 03-20-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

"

"The German site also says that it was filled with fp 02, that I doubt since all the ones I have opened contained an other explosive substance that looked like miniature cornflakes, I had now time to analyze it further before it was burned".

Sounds like it may have been "Flaked TNT"? One day my departments Bomb Squad brought in a 1/4lb. charge in a cardboard tube like. It was from the US Army a few years back. It was still live however and it looked like the same thing you described above? JUST IMHO and that of a collector

Comment

You maybe right about that Granate, but it did not smell like TNT. When I get the time I will go to Nammo (Raufoss ammunisjonfabrikk) and have a look at heir archive, there all info will be found, numbers produced, type of explosives, who made the tin cans etc etc.

Comment

Sounds good Hilton. I am anxious to see it and possibly read about them? Thank You Sir!

For some unkown reason the one picture describing the parts and info in German will not translate to English by Google Translation? Make sence anyone?

Mark
                  MACVSOG Historian

Comment

the new year starts very good,
                    got this today...the Bhdgr 43 (n) ......is this the correct norwegian WWII fuze?
                    best regards jens
                    Attached Files

Comment

i know, not the best quality pics...sorry
                      Attached Files

Comment

last ones
                        Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations Jens! It's in great condition too.

Comment

Tennmek time fuze from EGGHANDGRANAT M39
                            This grenade used the German M39 egg grenade body, fitted with a Norwegian fuze, a bit similar to the Russian UZRGM.
                            The grenade was used in the period from 1945 to 1955.

Comment

many thanks for info so with this grenade the german BZ39 or BZ40 was used?

Comment

One link and a picture of HĂ…NDGRANAT, M/42 (BĂĽchsenhandgranate Modell 42 norwegisch)

https://digitaltmuseum.no/0110227145...t-m-42-raufoss

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X