X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it's J.G. u S.
    Regards.

Comment

I am still looking for other parts to build my GrW.
      Yesterday I received two interesting photos this is not GrW34 but I think it is worth showing here.
      Bipod granatwerfer 73? Am I right?
      Reards Łukasz.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lukmat85 View Post
        Hello.
        At the beginning I would like to thank everyone who shares their knowledge here.
        Last year, I saw a ground plate sale offer, and I thought I would build it. Here she is ...
        Does anyone recognize the manufacturer?

Regards Łukasz.

Hello Łukasz,

you have a relatively early base plate from the manufacturer "J.G.u.S." which means as much as "Johannes Gollnow und Sohn" from Stettin
        (today Szczecin in Poland) later, with the beginning of April 1940 the manufacturer got the code "bfh" and was one of the largest manufacturers for 8cm Gr.W.34.
        but with this early manufacturer's mark, such base plates are very rare to find.

greetings
        Loice

Comment

Originally posted by lukmat85 View Post
          I am still looking for other parts to build my GrW.
          Yesterday I received two interesting photos this is not GrW34 but I think it is worth showing here.
          Bipod granatwerfer 73? Am I right?
          Reards Łukasz.
          Hello Łukasz,

In fact, it is a bipod for the 8cm Gr.W.34, it is often referred to as a T-profile bipod
          or makeshift bipod and has arisen from the scarcity of materials. Since it appeared quite late in the war
          it is often (incorrectly) called GrW. 34/1 bipod, but this cannot be documented. I always read 8cm Mortar 73 when this bipod appears,
          I don't know who put this name into the world but it is completely wrong and not proof.

But back to the bipod, it still has a lot of Einheitsfarbe 43, maybe you can get detailed photos of the red marked sections?
          The manufacturer should be able to find there.

greetings
          Loice

Comment

Hello Loice.
            Thank you very much for the information about the producer. I will try to get more bipod photos if possible.
            Regards Łukasz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X