Not very common

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jujuy View Post
    well if i understand well, panzer were with electrical ingnition and flak with mechanical. something curious is that these cases are from brest and i can not rember that we 've had some tigers here. I ve some more cases with electrical primer I bought on flea market
    Your cartridge case is from 1938 year................... The KwK.36 gun was developed in 1942, so someone replaced the primer...........

Comment

forget that idea.
      Originally posted by klarkon View Post
      Your cartridge case is from 1938 year................... The KwK.36 gun was developed in 1942, so someone replaced the primer...........

Comment

other cases. 2 are mechanical primer with the electrical design. the flak is too a 1938.
        Attached Files

Comment

You have pretty disarray with this cartridge cases...........
          These two 40mm Bofors cartridges are Polish or Hungarian and German primers do not belong to them................

German 40mm cartridge casses :

Comment

WIKIPEDIA
            In World War II Germany, the Wehrmacht used a number of Bofors guns which had been captured in Poland and France. The Kriegsmarine also operated some guns obtained from Norway. In German naval use, the gun was designated the "4 cm Flak 28", and was used aboard the cruisers Admiral Hipper and Prinz Eugen toward the end of the war.[18] Beginning in 1942, several E-boats were equipped with the Flak 28 to enable them to fight against British MGBs and MTBs on equal terms.

Germany also purchased a large number (200+) of Hungarian made Bofors guns. In return, Hungary received 75 mm PAK guns for every 4-5 Bofors. Then Wehrmacht used Hungarian guns after German occupation of Hungary from late 1944. Most of them lost during the fights in Budapest and Trandanubia.[19]

Japan captured a number of Bofors guns in Singapore and put them into production as the Type 5.

Both Japan and West Germany continued to use the Bofors gun throughout the Cold War. The Federal German navy used it in destroyers, frigates, and fast patrol boats until 1984, and in minesweepers to the present day.
            AND
            All these cases are flea market or direct buy to farmers. Prices were less than 2 euros at this time. You can speculate they changed the primers to make money if you're happy with that.
            Will be more interesting you try to check which german gun used this kind of primers

Comment

I'm a former EOD officer, I've seen hundreds of such artillery rounds in my working life ... always with the original primers.
              I don't have to speculate about anything................

Part of my collection

Comment

Nice collection.

Comment

Cleaning ‘ore i found this one. Obviously a polish one with german markings. Same electrical igniter. Maybe the prinz eugen battery was electrical?
                  After checking enz was in austria
                  Attached Files

Comment

This is not "Obviously a polish one with german markings"...................... it is an original German case "4cm Patronenhülse 28" with a mechanical primer C / 33 (diameter 16 mm), Polish and Hungarian cases a mechanical primer diameter of 33 mm was used.

enz = Gebr. Böhler u. Co. AG, Werk Enzesfeld / Niederdonau (Enzesfelder Metallwerk
                    AG, Werk Enzesfeld)

Comment

No 40mm Bofors cannon used an electric primer...........even the German FlaK 3.7 cm did not use them

Comment

I've no idea.
                        about the 2 polish it seems they have been germanized.
                        about the german one, i know it was not polish but for use in a polish gun
                        Originally posted by klarkon View Post
                        No 40mm Bofors cannon used an electric primer...........even the German FlaK 3.7 cm did not use them

Comment

After checking and cleaning rust there is one polish and one french. Both dated 1942 by the germans on the primers adapted theirs primers to these cases.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jujuy,

I've got the impression you are confused about what is an electrical and what a mechanical primer. As an example see in pic #1 at the left a 7,5 Kwk case with a C/22 electrical primer, and at the right a Pak40 case with a steel C/12 mechanical primer. I guess you have confused the steel C/12 nA St pic #4 with an electrical one because it looks different from the old brass C/12 nA mechanical one, pic #3.

Carles
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by me6_130; 05-25-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

you're right.
                              Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
                              Hello Jujuy,

I've got the impression you are confused about what is an electrical and what a mechanical primer. As an example see in pic #1 at the left a 7,5 Kwk case with a C/22 electrical primer, and at the right a Pak40 case with a steel C/12 mechanical primer. I guess you have confused the steel C/12 nA St pic #4 with an electrical one because it looks different from the old brass C/12 nA mechanical one, pic #3.

Carles

Comment

Mystery solved! BTW, are those primers on the 40mm Bofors C/12? I didn't know they could be used for calibres smaller than 7,5 cm.

Carles
                                Last edited by me6_130; 05-26-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X