Need help with Estate of a Coastal artillery veteran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Estate of a Coastal artillery veteran

Hi guys. I was able to pick up this gas mask with his photos from the daughter of the Veteran. Can anybody help me with his Uniform and shoulder boards (rank/unit)? Thanks in advance!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

I can read "FLUMA (Flugmeldeabteilung) Deutsche Bucht. 1. Flugmelde Reserve Kompanie M2 Emden".

One of the Photos shows the Maibaum at the coast of Emden. The Vets daughter still lives there.

Comment

Nice lot. This German Kriegsmarine soldat is of Dutch decent based on his name. (Van Laaten)

Comment

odd

Of particular interest in the first photo shown several times is the apparent army style Schiffchen he is wearing. The KM style cap has the shape of the LW and WSS Schiffchen, but the WH style has distinct scallops on the turn-up as seen here and a broad top which is also obvious. Why he would have this cap is a mystery. Maybe he got from a friens in the cavalry? In the other images all the caps are the normal KM style.

Comment

Couple of CA Shouder boards.

His appear to have some numerals on the end.

Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

Have seen and owned several earlier Army Style with KM mounted eagles..Billbert

Comment

oooo
              Attached Files
              RonR

Comment

It's not that uncommon to see KM Coastal wearing army side caps. Shoulder straps look to have metal insignia and metal unit numbers, not so common but I've got a set that looks very similar which I got directly from a coastal artillery vet some years ago.
                Martin
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Simon View Post
                  It's not that uncommon to see KM Coastal wearing army side caps. Shoulder straps look to have metal insignia and metal unit numbers, not so common but I've got a set that looks very similar which I got directly from a coastal artillery vet some years ago.
                  Martin
                  Thank you guys for all the help!

Comment

Yeah great observation! I did not catch that! A Heer Cavalry sidecap (with golden yellow soutache) worn in KM coastal service.
                    I wonder if the eagle was changed to KM yellow color.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                      Nice lot. This German Kriegsmarine soldat is of Dutch decent based on his name. (Van Laaten)
                      I had a Phone call with the Vet's daughter. Yes their family is from dutch origin. But the name can be found several times in the area of Emden.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                        Of particular interest in the first photo shown several times is the apparent army style Schiffchen he is wearing. The KM style cap has the shape of the LW and WSS Schiffchen, but the WH style has distinct scallops on the turn-up as seen here and a broad top which is also obvious. Why he would have this cap is a mystery. Maybe he got from a friens in the cavalry? In the other images all the caps are the normal KM style.
                        Originally posted by NickG View Post
                        Yeah great observation! I did not catch that! A Heer Cavalry sidecap (with golden yellow soutache) worn in KM coastal service.
                        I wonder if the eagle was changed to KM yellow color.
                        Hi mates, sorry but not agree, is very rare to find these, but KM units also wore the M1934 field cap, even have seen one picture of a very early model with the the cockade and the soutache on the top. Usually the were marked with the naval depots stamps, so not Heer used caps but KM. Pictures of mine.
                        Attached Files
                        Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                        Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                          Hi mates, sorry but not agree, is very rare to find these, but KM units also wore the M1934 field cap, even have seen one picture of a very early model with the the cockade and the soutache on the top. Usually the were marked with the naval depots stamps, so not Heer used caps but KM. Pictures of mine.
                          Thanks a lot for sharing your nice field cap with us. As the gas mask can ist stamped 1934 too your explanation makes sense!

Comment

Nice so early on KM war Heer pattern caps, switching to a design like the W-SS used! learned something new!

Comment

Is anybody able to tell me his rank?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X