• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine drawing compass calipers instruments U-101 FAKE

fake
    drawing compass fake.jpg

drawing compass fake2.jpg

Comment

Very interesting thread! I am not a KM Collector, but the items shown here are interesting.

I have seen These fake stamps in the net and it is mostly obviously, that is a fake.

In the case of field-made or field-upgradet items, or those wich were made at home, in a Hospital or at the home-barracks, it is often hard to say, if it is a fake or not.

For example that shown tea-kettle. What is the Point to say "fake" in that case?

Best regards

Nightwish

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwish View Post
        Very interesting thread! I am not a KM Collector, but the items shown here are interesting.

I have seen These fake stamps in the net and it is mostly obviously, that is a fake.

In the case of field-made or field-upgradet items, or those wich were made at home, in a Hospital or at the home-barracks, it is often hard to say, if it is a fake or not.

For example that shown tea-kettle. What is the Point to say "fake" in that case?

Best regards

Nightwish
        When all of the sudden, one dealer starts offering a wide variety of engraved items, and most of them are praised branches such as u-boat, SS, FJ, ... and the same engravings are observed on different (sometimes original) items made by different manufactors, then the red alert alarm bells sound very loudly ...
        Last edited by glaser; 03-10-2019, 09:55 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

This is simply pathetic
          Offered on ebay for 890 euro.

regards
          Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by glaser View Post
            When all of the sudden, one dealer starts offering a wide variety of engraved items, and most of them are praised branches such as u-boat, SS, FJ, ... and the same engravings are observed on different (sometimes original) items made by different manufactors, then the red alert alarm bells sound very loudly ...

Okay, yes, that is an obviously red flag.

From time to time I see some items, like canteens, bottles, metal-cigarette-boxes… wich obviously are engraved with such an high precision, wich is not able for homework.

But on single item with obviously handmade engravings it is hard to judge about.

Comment

image_4338526.jpg Kriegsmarine fake bootswain whistle Pfeife
              Last edited by glaser; 08-04-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

This is a really fantastic thread. I always choose to stay away from u-boat items unless they have known provenance as it is such a massively faked area of militaria.

Comment

Kriegsmarine fake ammo box markings

Fake KM and eagle stamps, until someone shows solid proof on these of course ....

ammo box fake white stamp.JPG

ammo box fake black stamp.JPG

ammo box fake black stamp2.jpg

Comment

fake Kriegsmarine eagle on chrono

observed by behblc and added on WAF in another thread

fake chrono eagle.JPG

Comment

image_4342112.jpg
                      Last edited by glaser; 08-04-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Thank you

Hello everyone, today this acquaintance found this dish on an old farm. On the farm no one lives. dishes lay in the yard on the ground.

Comment

[QUOTE=Doktor;8436424]Hello everyone, today this acquaintance found this dish on an old farm. On the farm no one lives. dishes lay in the yard on the ground.

Sorry but I do not believe your story! But you did posted the "dish" in the right thread: fake engravings gallery! :-)

Comment

Thank you

You're wrong! You only look at the "bird", but you need to look at the shape of the object and the manufacturer. I am sure that there are catalogs in which photographs of just such a style of aluminum kitchen items krigsmarine. I am sure that the time will come and we will see the documents and photos.

Comment

image_4348590.jpg fake Kriegsmarine stamp on non military coffee pot
                              Last edited by glaser; 08-04-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

image_4348591.jpg
                                fantasy mug
                                Last edited by glaser; 08-04-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 46 users online. 0 members and 46 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X