Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poor fake kriegsmarine clock
    image_4277094.jpg image_4277095.jpg
    Last edited by glaser; 08-04-2020, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Wow, that is one ugly bird...

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Simon View Post
        Wow, that is one ugly bird...
        In fact it is the logo of a german civil clock manufactor, it has nothing to do with the Kriegsmarine.

Comment

Mauthe

Comment

fake eagle on Kriegsmarine ships light Schilbach 92250
            image_4278639.jpg
            Last edited by glaser; 08-04-2020, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Who makes all these eagles ?
              Not that one can say in public.

Comment

Originally posted by behblc View Post
                Who makes all these eagles ?
                Not that one can say in public.
                People that want to make quick money. You can buy these kind of stamps all over the internet and use them on whatever item you like. Some also use electric engraving tools.

Be careful when buying KM items.
                Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that's pretty sick
                  It's not just the fact that these are made to rip people off, they're also made to f#$k up perfectly good, original WH and other items by adding fake, fantasy stamps. Sickening really...
                  Just my thoughts on the matter..
                  Martin

Comment

Code:
                    People that want to make quick money. You can buy these kind of stamps all over the internet and use them on whatever item you like. Some also use electric engraving tools.

Be careful when buying KM items.
                    NOR Collector if you scroll back a bit you will find an item I bought which carried the 50 Euro stamp from the "Eagle M" you illustrated, the edge / outline of the stamp is visible.
                    I was lucky dealer took it back without question.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Simon View Post
                      Wow, that's pretty sick
                      It's not just the fact that these are made to rip people off, they're also made to f#$k up perfectly good, original WH and other items by adding fake, fantasy stamps. Sickening really...
                      Just my thoughts on the matter..
                      Martin
                      Yes it is really f**ked up. There is a lot of money involved in this hobby and people will always find a way to exploit that.

Originally posted by behblc View Post
                      NOR Collector if you scroll back a bit you will find an item I bought which carried the 50 Euro stamp from the "Eagle M" you illustrated, the edge / outline of the stamp is visible.
                      I was lucky dealer took it back without question.
                      I'm glad to hear that the dealer took the item back. Hopefully he/she will not try to sell the item as "original kriegsmarine" again, but this only shows how carefully one has to be in this hobby.

Comment

Here is a minimeter that was sold on ebay in 2016 for EUR 99,-.
                        It was then upgraded with fake kriegsmarine stamps on the box and on the minimeter and sold to a private collector as a kriegsmarine minimeter for EUR 12-1300.
                        The collector showed me this and I thought something was not right and after I did some research I found the original and could then see that it now had fake stamps.

Here are some before and after pictures. The pictures on the left side is from when it was listed on ebay without any stamps. The pictures on the right side is after it got sold to the private collector with fake kriegsmarine stamps. The red circles is to show that both minimeter and box has the same marks and flaws to prove that it is in fact the same one

I have also added two pictures of the fake eagles on the box and minimeter.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Many fakes are more qualitative than originals.

It is necessary to compare models and manufacturers. The best evidence of originality is documents, photos, and merchants with a positive reputation.

Many fakes are more qualitative than originals.

I do not buy my relics in European markets. I find old houses, attics, old people with cheap old relics.

Comment

Another "genuine" stamp from eBay.
                            Attached Files

Comment

image_4306393.jpg image_4306394.jpg
                              fake handheld compas Kriegsmarine sold out BunkerMilitaria
                              Last edited by glaser; 08-04-2020, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Kriegsmarine survival cutter engraved fake

FAKE KM eagle
                                survival cutter.jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X