Help with Naval Cloth Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Paul,

Here are some more examples of the KM/CA eagles with the sawtooth pattern over the fold line on the reverse. The big points on these are a slightly different pattern on the front(Head and Neck), The saw tooth pattern over the fold line on the reverse and the striped /striated base material.

I have yet to see an eagle with the above characteristics in Heer colors, only KM/CA colors. I attribute them to being foreign made because of these traits.

I recently purchased a roundel made on the same material and with excess threads above the fold lines. I believe that it is also foreign made. Standard eagles are made on a non striated/striped material, do not have the saw tooth, and resemble a Heer eagle a little more.

First the Blue on white KM eagle.
    Attached Files

Comment

2. Close up shot of base material and saw tooth.
      Attached Files

Comment

A km Tropical eagle of the same manufacture.
        Attached Files

Comment

3. A roundel of the same manufacture.
          Attached Files

Comment

A Standard KM gold on Blue cap eagle.
            Attached Files

Comment

A close up shot of the Standard KM eagle. Base material is non-lined and no saw tooth pattern.

Comparison of the slight design change of the head and neck of the foreign eagles to the standard eagle.

Fred
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Hi Fred,

Thank you for the great pictures and information about these foreign, likely French, made eagles. Your comparison shot of all three eagles together is especially helpful. Thank you for taking the time to post all the examples.

I got my two eagles out last night, and they conform to what you are saying:

1). They have the additional saw tooth pattern, on the base material, above the eagle.

2). The base material itself has a somewhat different pattern to it and matches
                up to your km tropical example, but these are in a greenish color.

3). The head of the eagles is slightly rounded and the neck is bent slightly forward compared to the standard KM.

Thanks for your help identifying the eagles.

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X