Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Naval Cloth Insignia

Hello,

I am not familiar with Naval insignia, but recently picked up a few pieces with some other material. I would appreciate opinions as to if these are all original.

Thanks for your time,

Paul
    Attached Files

p2

p2
    Attached Files

Comment

p3

p3
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Although I am not a naval collector, I like the Cap trapezoid, and the breast eagle. There is some contention in the hobby over the cap eagles if the are Third Reich or not. They have the sawtooth pattern above the fold line on the reverse. To me if they are mounted on a base material that looks like it has lines on it, I accept them as French made. As I said some other do not like them.

Fred

Comment

Thanks

Thank you Fred for the information. The small, machine woven cap eagles do have the saw tooth pattern on the reverse of their upper wings. I'll take a picture and post it later.

Paul

Comment

I have never seen a Cap trapezoid

Comment

KM embroidered traps are a white whale but I like Fred’s interpretations of period construction..Billbert
              I also believe in their occasional period existence..

Comment

Whale

Hi Billbert,

Thank you for the information. Nice to know I have a rare white whale in there.

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

Long ago and far away Ron Manion amassed an amazing collection of insignia thru running his great then not so great auction house..before it became not so great he sold his insignia collection thru the auction..there was a period KM trapezoid there..don’t recall if it was Blau or Field gray...Billbert

Comment

Manions

Hi Billbert,

I purchased a few items from Manions back in the late 80s/early 90s, when it was pretty good. Back when you placed a bid based on a written description. Only about 10% of the auction items had a photo. Ah, the good old days...... Not really.

Paul

Comment

The further you go back with Manions Fox hole the better chance you had to acquire some nice militaria at decent prices..the greed and deceit set in..Billbert
                      I got in around 1980 if memory serves..

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                        The further you go back with Manions Fox hole the better chance you had to acquire some nice militaria at decent prices..the greed and deceit set in..Billbert
                        I got in around 1980 if memory serves..
                        In the early 90's I used to live for the Manion's catalog. There were some super nice things then it went to crap.

Fred

Comment

All of them are original !
                          The breast eagle is a french made one . The cap triangle seems to be of the same production area ...i do have a cockade with the same white outlining which is a typical french made one .
                          The bevo KA cap eagles are seen per hundreds in France , coming from movie prop' .
                          OPbserved many timùes on KA side caps .
                          Nick

Comment

Hi Nick,

I don’t understand. You say they’re all original but then say the bevo KA cap eagle is a movie prop?

Best regards,
                            —-Norm

Comment

Eagles

Hello,

Here is a reverse photo of the machine woven cap eagles. John T, at German War Booty, who I respect, has several of this type of cap eagle for sale. They are labeled Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery EM/NCO cap eagle. Same greenish welt material, etc. No mention of being French made, but that would be interesting. I'd appreciate any additional information on them. Certainly match up (weave, materials, etc.) with other period made machine woven eagles.

Thanks,

Paul
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X