KM Kriegsmarine markings which stamp during what period anchor over M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Kriegsmarine markings which stamp during what period anchor over M

Hello, I am trying to find out, from what date until what date, the M over anchor was used on German Navy equipment. I welcome facts and figures, based on items that are dated and stamped M over anchor. Please don't add opinions, just post facts.

I think a good indicator could be using marks on the bottom of Km shells these are always dated it's not scientific it's more like some back-up than a fact. I have no prove on paper when these marks has been released maybe others could shed some light on this subject how knows??????,...........

Comment

Originally posted by 48RMC View Post
      I think a good indicator could be using marks on the bottom of Km shells these are always dated it's not scientific it's more like some back-up than a fact. I have no prove on paper when these marks has been released maybe others could shed some light on this subject how knows??????,...........
      thx but I have never seens shells that are marked M over anchor, did you?
      Last edited by glaser; 11-19-2017, 09:53 AM. Reason: typo error

Comment

example of the M over anchor

Comment

example of the M over anchor
          M over anchor WEIMAR.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by glaser View Post
            thx but I have never seens shells that are marked M over anchor, did you?
            I think i did,....next question will be show me one of these shells,....i will try to find one for you ok? i'm not really in ammo so i have to look in one of my friends collection so be patience

Comment

Originally posted by 48RMC View Post
              I think i did,....next question will be show me one of these shells,....i will try to find one for you ok? i'm not really in ammo so i have to look in one of my friends collection so be patience
              sounds great!

Comment

anchor with M on navy C96

[ATTACH]3984384[/ATTACH]

Comment

Hallo,
                  From my observations it appears that stamped anchor over M is typical for Reichsmarine period. Looking at the daggers markings, anchor over M start right after the WW I with 1919 Model.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This type of stamp is seen on M 1921 and ends with M 1929(photo)- until the early 30-s.
                    Attached Files

Comment

thx Dr VET!

Comment

I don't know if it's allowed to use the text from the website Fernglasmuseum but he's giving you some glue when this symbol has been introduced, i could recommend you to look at the website section Seltenis Artillerie Fernglas Der Reichsmarine CZJ D.F. 7x50

this symbol has been used in the beginning of the Reichsmarine period but was changed very quickly and replaced by the Reichmarine adler a few years later,...how long exactly i have no idea, but if you take this binocular as a example which has been made in 1918/19 and read that the symbol has been changed after one year after his official announcement i think we have to think about approximate 3/4 years maybe???

The text from the website;
                        Die Reichsmarine wurde offiziell am 1. Jänner 1921 eingeführt.
                        Die Marineabnahme der ersten Jahre war das "M" mit darunter
                        stehenden Ankersymbol. Erst später wurde das Ankersymbol
                        durch den Reichsadler ersetzt

Btw i have informed one of my friends but he has sold most of his shells but don't be afraid i'm still on the hunt for more info,....i'm interested as well as you in this subject

Comment

I'm surprised that these anchor with M symbols has been used till the late twenties if we take binoculars as a example so i have to change my first thoughts

Comment

Kriegsmarine KM artl Zeiss binoculars help wanted

What was the year of production of this bino please?

zeiss artl anchor over m 1.jpg

zeiss artl anchor over m 2.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH]4002656[/ATTACH]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X