This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marine cap from light cruiser Emden?

Hello! I would like to see if you guys can confirm the authenticity of this strange object - a cap supposedly from the light cruiser (WW2-era) Emden.

While I would like to believe the guy's claim that this is authentic, this website has taught me to be suspicious of such claims. Also, there are plenty of Emdens over the years in the German Navy...and I haven't found any cap that matches this style on the Internet. I was thinking it could also be Reichsmarine since the Emden was built for them originally, but the caps don't match either.

In short...

-Is this cap authentic for the era?

-Which era was this cap used for - Reichsmarine or Kriegsmarine...if proven authentic?

-What kind of sailor would be wearing this cap? Would it be a lower-ranked person or an officer? Just some background information on this type of cap for information storage and display purposes...

Thanks again!

Comment

What is the size of the cap please? Could be the one piece (with non removable top) children/souvenir/supporters cap version.

Comment

Originally posted by glaser View Post
        What is the size of the cap please? Could be the one piece (with non removable top) children/souvenir/supporters cap version.
        I mailed the seller, so I'll hopefully get an answer for that very soon.

So this is a souvenir of some sort for the Emden? I kinda thought this wasn't a crew member's hat...

Comment

Imho the merchant line ? cocade is upside down ?

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
            Imho the merchant line ? cocade is upside down ?
            Oh god. You're right. I'm really suspicious of this cap now O_O.

Comment

Looks like a put together cap by the tally looks RM to me. Improper devices on the cap, tally incorrectly tied to the cap.

This one is not worth buying no matter what it is IMO.

John

Comment

Meanwhile, thread closed.

Outside hosting not allowed.

John

Comment

Outside hosting is when a poster uses a third party platform to upload images and then uses a link to that third party platform to display images on this forum. Eventually, those third party (outside) images go away and when they do, the thread here remains but without the images that went with it.

Therefore:

Posts or new threads which contain photos that are hosted by an outside source will be closed. In special cases, at the discretion of moderators or association members, photos from outside hosting might be and can be copied and pasted back into such threads by moderators or any association member but this will be the exception, not the rule.

The goal is not censorship but preservation of thread integrity.

This policy is instituted in order to preserve the threads for later reading and thus also preserving the integrity of the overall forum, being one of the best sources on the planet for this hobby. It has unfortunately happened over the last years that a very large amount of threads became useless due to the missing photos. This policy will stop that degeneration of the forum.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X