Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
    Here is the rule:

If you are looking for a particular U-boat Flott tally, it is the most difficult to find.

Rule 2:

If you are selling, nobody wants it. If you are buying, it is the rarest tally ever.

Ain't that the truth
    Regards, Rob
    Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Or Rule 3:

You to dealer: Would you make an offer on my minty tombak KM Schwerin U-boat badge? My aged Mother is in the hospital and I need the money.

Dealer to you: Well, cannot offer you much for that one. Market is down, hobby in the toilet. However, it may pick up in 5 or 10 years so I can offer you $45 for it. I must be crazy though but I have a Mother too.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
        I still am looking for the Anton Schmitt. That one is really important for me. That will complete the Zerstörer fleet. Then I can think about my display and getting them up and displayed properly.

Best Regards,
        JustinG
        Nice catch indeed Justin, and yes - I'm still on the scouting for your missing Zerstörer Anton Schmitt.

Someday it will surely turn up but as you already know this is one of the most difficult Mützenband to get a hold on so when it pops up - grab the opportunity and get it!

Mvh. AH

Comment

Yes, thank you Arne,
          I appreciate all the help I can get.
          If I see one, I will definitely pounce and ensure that it does not escape me.

With John's statements, they all ring true. I haven't tried to sell to a dealer/cosigner yet but, the piece that is missing, is indeed the piece that is missing from your collection.

I really want those three: Zerstörer Anton Schmitt, Unterseebootstender Mosel and the Schnellbootsbeglietschiff Tsingtau. with these three, I would have the classes (Zerstörer, Uboat and tender (missing the Havel variation I have one already) and the Schnellboote)

I will choose not to wash my tallies, So many of mine are metal thread and the cotton/baumwool ones are in really good shape and clean, I don't want to risk it.

Best regards,
          JustinG

Comment

I had promised to show before and after results of washing for one of my MHJ tallies. Here it is.

Naturally, any decision to wash is up to the collector and if they do, they must know what they are doing so as to not damage the tally.

First, before:

John
            Attached Files

Comment

After washing:
              Attached Files

Comment

These particular tallies are very delicate so you do need to be a bit careful, but following the procedure there is no problem with washing.

Same applies to KM gold wire, cotton (artificial silk) and cellon tallies.

I do not iron any tally. Too dangerous.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X