oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those Plaid or Checkered Kriegsmarine Shirts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauptmann109 View Post
    I can't say anything about the KM shirts, but I can confirm that the GJ shirts were private and in no way issued. However quite often large quantities would be ordered from one shop if the whole unit was granted time to go to town....poor tailor!
    Fully agree.
    GJ shirts were private. IMO whenever many of the same pattern can be observed means that big purchase was done by units.
    This is the only explanation I can give myself.

Best,
    Luca

Comment

Here's a closeup of the collar of the shirt as seen in post #22 (the guy with the Afrika cuff title). In fact it's a different pattern from the one on Ray's shirt.

On page 40 of Gordon Williamson's "Torpedo Los" there are four photographs showing four or five different patterns in wear. A couple of them look like this pattern, especially the photo of Kapitänleutnant von Tiesenhausen.

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
        A couple of them look like this pattern, especially the photo of Kapitänleutnant von Tiesenhausen.
        The photo from "Torpedo Los" of von Tiesenhausen.
        Attached Files

Comment

There are also pictures of w-ss soldiers with checkered shirts or scarves. I think they werent picky on what they wore in combat, as long as you kept fighting and followed orders

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J120FN met Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X