MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please post your U-Boat Battledress and Denim Blouse examples and pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please post your U-Boat Battledress and Denim Blouse examples and pictures...

Hey guys, We don't seem to have a reference in the KM section for the denim uniform worn by the U-boat crews.

Please post pictures of the converted British BD's and/or the KM produced Denim Blouse's in you collection.

Also post period pictures of the uniform in wear.

Thanks

Here are a couple pictures I have of the British battledress and the KM blouse in wear. Sorry they don't show the entire tunic.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here you can see the British BD with trousers complete as reference ...
      Attached Files
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Great! One of my most loved pic!

Here's my contribution: British BD with KM buttons and shoulders tab.

Best,
        Attached Files

Comment

That is a great reference shot Eduardo, thanks for posting that.

So am I correct that the Germans would undo the shoulder seam, remove the original British epaulet, and replace it with a shoulder board?

Nice picture Frank, is that a period photo?

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
            So am I correct that the Germans would undo the shoulder seam, remove the original British epaulet, and replace it with a shoulder board?
            That's corret.You can clearly visible in some period pics… (see attachment) Looks how the sleeve fold where the board is sewn...

Nice picture Frank, is that a period photo?
            Hehe! Nope, I've made me, I and my photoshop!
            Attached Files

Comment

You are right, but that was done by officers mainly, EM and junior NCOs kept the original shoulder straps, just by changing the button or by adding the gold tress around the edge in the case of the NCOs

Regards
              Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

Yep! I agree with Eduardo!

Best,

Comment

Thanks for the information guys, very informative.

Do either of you have an example of the British or German denim blouse in your collection?

From your second picture Frank it looks like the British BD was more of a brown or khaki color than a green? I have a "greenish" denim British BD in my collection, so I wonder if both colors were used?

Comment

Hi!

From your second picture Frank it looks like the British BD was more of a brown or khaki color than a green? I have a "greenish" denim British BD in my collection, so I wonder if both colors were used?
                    In the sunlights that BD looks exactly like that one wore by Topp in period pic!
                    About the german made denim bluse, there's some WAF member that use to own some! Try to search in the forum!

Hope this help!

Comment

Here are a couple pictures I have of the British battledress and the KM blouse in wear. Sorry they don't show the entire tunic.
                      The picture on the left has two really great details, the upgraded officer metal device on the edge of the visor and the use of French navy buttons, looks great

Regards
                      Eduardo

Comment

Originally posted by frank savage View Post
                        Hi!
                        In the sunlights that BD looks exactly like that one wore by Topp in period pic!

Are you saying that the "greenish" one I have is probably the same one that Topp is wearing in the picture you posted, it just looks lighter in the sunlight?

Comment

The British denim BD used by U-boot crews was the model 1937, and should be like this one.
                          Attached Files

Regards
                          Eduardo

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                            The picture on the left has two really great details, the upgraded officer metal device on the edge of the visor and the use of French navy buttons, looks great
                            You have good eyes Eduardo. I guess I'll need to put my glasses on and zoom in on the original to appreciate those details.

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                              The British denim BD used by U-boot crews was the model 1937, and should be like this one.
                              Nice example Eduardo!

Mine is the 1937 model BD as well, but not in as good of shape as yours. Now I just need a set of KM buttons, or maybe French buttons like you have pointed out in my picture.

I also need to find a period plaid shirt.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X