No announcement yet.

Kriegsmarine visor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it's nothing wrong with the wreath! All right.
    I personly like much more the type of wreath with the bullion cocade instead the metal cocade but it's all right with it.
    The entire cap is very beautiful.

cheers,
    steiner99

Comment

Originally posted by steiner99 View Post
      No it's nothing wrong with the wreath! All right.
      I personly like much more the type of wreath with the bullion cocade instead the metal cocade but it's all right with it.
      The entire cap is very beautiful.

cheers,
      steiner99
      It's not the question of bullion or not, it the question why this wreath has no acorns???
      I looked into all my books and searched the net, but all KM wreath do have acorns....this one not. I do not agree with Nick saying an "unfinished" wreath.

Maybe those without acorns have exist, but I would like to see a photographic proof of this.

Regards
      Christian

Comment

I agree, hat is a one-looker original as far as the body itself is concerned.
        Cannot tell from these pics definitively as to whether the insignia is original to the hat, but they appear to be to me.

As far as an "acorn-less" wreath, I have seen these on Marine-HJ and Marine SA visors.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Agree with Chris, very nice visor, can't explain the insinia without the acorns but it looks 100%.

Comment

Here is a Marine-HJ visor wreath--note the absence of acorns:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Marine-HJ visor wreath--note the presence of acorns

http://www.ma-shops.com/huesken/item...=13899&lang=en

Hello, I mentioned the missing acorns on the KM visor, my statement is that a KM wreath without acorns is not a correct KM wreath.
              I am not familiar with Marine HJ wreath, but here is one with acorns.

Somebody who has the wartime tailors catalogues such as the Assman, could give us some more insight.

Marine HJ visor delete.jpg

Comment

Not all HJ-Marine visors had acorn-less wreaths, just some of them.
                The same is true of Marine-SA visors.

All I am saying is that the visor manufacturer was most likely using what was at hand, and in this case, it was an acorn-less wreath, which was meant for a Marine-HJ or SA visor. (ie, the Muetzenmacher made a mistake).

(--& not that it means anything for this thread but the Huesken visor is bad.)
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X