Kriegsmarine visor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine visor.

Hello, I need your opinions concerning this cap. Indeed I look for a very beautiful cap KM in very state. Regrettably in my country the documentation in this domain is rare. I study any proposals .Thanks.

I think it's a good ww-2 senior visor cap and a nice one as well but the insignias has been restitched

Comment

Originally posted by 48RMC View Post
      I think it's a good ww-2 senior visor cap and a nice one as well but the insignias has been restitched
      I agree. Original cap with added insignia.
      John

Comment

Hello,Thank you for your notices, I had not even noticed that badges had been sewn on again. I had a doubt on the chinstrap.

Comment

It's still a nice visor, but I had expect that a seller with this reputation had mentioned the resewn insigna

Comment

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about visors and was wondering if someone could point out how you can spot that the insignia is resewn. I have looked at it and I can still not see it.

Thanks.

Best regards,
            André

Comment

Originally posted by NOR_collector View Post
              I'm trying to learn as much as I can about visors and was wondering if someone could point out how you can spot that the insignia is resewn. I have looked at it and I can still not see it.

Thanks.

Best regards,
              André
              The damage to the eagle is something that could indicate removal and reattachment. That damage could also be caused by poor storage and insect activity. Just my opinion.
              John

Comment

the swatica of the eagle is squeezed ,deformed, and you can not expect that on a seniors off cap, IMO.
                strange !
                but i like the visor as well if the price is attractive.

Comment

Swaz is squeezed but i'm not sure coming from a new sewing ?
                  The base wool cloth is round , not squeezed ?
                  The cap is for sure original , the strap is not a typical KM one but why not ,a hand inspection could confirm the resewn badges or not .
                  IMO they are original pre 45 on the cap,hand sewn badges usual problem ...
                  Nick

Comment

Nice desirable headgear to my opinion.
                    Cheers, Pierre

Comment

to all: where are the acorns in the wreath??

Comment

Originally posted by glaser View Post
                        to all: where are the acorns in the wreath??
                        Very interesting observation. I have 5 KM officer caps, all the wreaths have acorns. Maybe this is common and I have just not noticed.
                        John

Comment

Indeed John, the 4 acorns are an essential part of the KM wreath, I was very surprised to read that nobody observed this important detail?

in clear: this wreath

Comment

I must admit that I have looked many times at this cap and have not noticed it ! And I have to admit that as so many times Glaser again had very good eyes !

Comment

Missing acorns would make the wreath what in that case ?
                              Postwar, civilian ? I don't think so ...
                              For me the wreath is good but "unfinished" ?
                              I already had also WH wreaths without acorns and 100% original ?
                              Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X