• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it now

Comment

Very unique visor, wow!!

Comment

Very nice and unique piece, just love the aging on the bullion. Celleon can never match that. J

Comment

I certainly like it. I like the transitional metal leaves to the visor as well as the fact it sports the very seldom seen (sometimes frowned upon) black rayon versus bullion wire kokard which I only have one example of on a diplomatic wreath. All told, a rare example. Congrats. RC

Comment

Nice visor Michael.
            One of a few KM visors from my collection without the likewise traditional visor fringe. The scrambled eggs (scallops) being removed, replaced insignia. There was a minesweeper badge award document to the owner that I was unable to attain.

-Ray-
            Attached Files
            Last edited by -Ray-; 10-12-2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Textbook eagle and nice cap!
              I would buy it!

Comment

Both the caps in this thread are wonderful original pieces!!
                John

Comment

Hello Gents, Still glued to this cap, in speaking with another friend of mine he did bring up a good point, so this soldier went from a Chief Petty Officer, Fahnrichs Zur See, to a KorvettenKapitan?
                  What about Ober. Zur See, or Kapitanleutnant, I mean there should be signes of scalloping of this ranking on the bill shouldn't there?

Comment

Perhaps the guy had two caps - upgraded the first & left the other. Subsequently upgraded his spare when he reached this rank.

Comment

Very nice and rare Visor!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy C. View Post
                        Hello Gents, Still glued to this cap, in speaking with another friend of mine he did bring up a good point, so this soldier went from a Chief Petty Officer, Fahnrichs Zur See, to a KorvettenKapitan?
                        What about Ober. Zur See, or Kapitanleutnant, I mean there should be signes of scalloping of this ranking on the bill shouldn't there?
                        The answer to this may be in the fact that the first caps produced for KM officers did not have a visor decoration applied. Therefore no impression would be left on the cap. Just a possible explanation.
                        John

Comment

Agreed, nice original cap that would require a hands on for me, Rays cap is also a beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy C. View Post
                            Hello Gents, Still glued to this cap, I mean there should be signs of scalloping of this ranking on the bill shouldn't there?
                            The ghosting is the actual gold scallop thread not visor unterlagen at the correct distance from the edging, add the thin linear gold twine between the embroidery residue and edging.

-Ray-
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by -Ray-; 11-02-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Hello Ray, My comments were soley intended for the visor that started the thread, thanks for posting yours.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X