Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boat engineer's obermaat's tropical service blouse

Hi.

I need your opinions on this U-Boat engineer's obermaat's tropical service blouse please. I'm sorry, but I don't have any more pictures at the moment.

Here is the description of the blouse:
    Tropical green French cut machinists mates 2nd class u boat tunic that is named to a man "Wohlleben" who was on U-13, U-14 and U-48 (the number one u boat to this day). It's in perfect shape and has everything minus the awards. Wohlleben earned sub badge, minesweeper badge, and Krim shield (that was never sewn on this tunic) but all loops and stamps are there. All insignia, straps, eagle, ribbon and tress are original to the tunic. Excellent maker and size marking. Original removable buttons.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    André
    Attached Files

Last pic.
    Attached Files

Comment

André, some points for your consideration.

- this is the green jacket of the blue uniform, same style than the white one, and not a tropical uniform.
      - never seen one of these with NCO tress in the collar.
      - the tress style remember me to a post-war one that I have.
      - buttons should be gold and the eagle metalic.
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

It is on the collector guild website.

I saw it a couple of days before but I did not get a good feeling with it.
        Regards
        Christian

Comment

If he was in U-boat service I can see this NCO deviating from standard KM practice...
          Using such a "brown uniform" (but in green) in Uboat service could explain the collar tresse application
          (as often added to their Uboat Battle dress type uniforms, which were BEF captured or copied)
          and a much more pratical cloth eagle... A standard metal breast eagle could snag easily on things in tight surroundings.
          The button choice also doesn't worry me if the uniform was intended for use in a non office environment...(a sub) !
          All I am saying is never say never! and if he is a documented submariner it makes the case stronger for me!
          (provided of course the tresse is considered period)

Comment

Agree Nick, but this one was never used on a U-boot, it's alsmot in mint condition, with brand new buttons and tress

Regards
            Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

About the tress I have just checked when back home and is not the same post-war that I have, so is a good one IMO

Regards
              Eduardo

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                Agree Nick, but this one was never used on a U-boot, it's alsmot in mint condition, with brand new buttons and tress
                Condition is not an automatic red flag...just not worn because he had other sets, or he just did not survive,(did not come back from a mission)
                so the uniform remained unused (in a closet)... Who knows? At least the tresse checks out to be OK...
                Non text book is not automatically a red flag...sometimes you have to have an open mind about these things, but provenance is everything
                and if this Obermaat was in the Uboat service I would say it has a good chance!
                but agreed it also could have been an unissued minty depot queen...So never issued and everything was added including the name...Who knows?

Comment

Based on the German navy archive, Wohlleben served on the mentioned U-Boats.
                  Is it possible to get close-up pics of the tressesn as well as of the name tag ?
                  Regards
                  Christian

Comment

I have asked Peter for better pictures.

Regards,
                    André

Comment

I got a few pics from Peter.
                      Attached Files

Comment

more pics
                        Attached Files

Comment

last pic
                          Attached Files

Comment

Anymore thoughts on this one. Looks to be very nice but a bit to minty. Did you end uo buying this one?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                            X