My KM Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    Very nice items. Were those globed used on all ships?
    Regards
    Christian

Comment

Stan as I told you before, nice collection with some very interesting pieces. I love that compass.
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

What an outstanding collection, Stan! Congrats! I have a similar Kriegsmarine ships bulkhead clock with almost the same dial number which I am thinking about to sell...

Regards, Florian

Comment

Sorry to mess up the series of nice comments on your collection, but I have my serious doubts about the engravings on the items #2, 3 and 4. I do however look forward at the comments of fellow kriegsmarine collectors. Could you please post some close-ups of these markings for discussion?

Comment

Very nice items indeed, particularly like the clock!!

Comment

I was "waiting for the storm" (i'm agree with Glaser statement nr 4) but the engraving of your binocular has been added post-war the rest seems to be top notch Heeres binocular (dienstglas) with Km eagle some of the guys think that these are legit i don't think so sorry
              Christian

Comment

Thanks Norm for the photo of your Father, answering the question from the OP about the personal style KM watch.

John

Comment

Originally posted by glaser View Post
                  Sorry to mess up the series of nice comments on your collection, but I have my serious doubts about the engravings on the items #2, 3 and 4. I do however look forward at the comments of fellow kriegsmarine collectors. Could you please post some close-ups of these markings for discussion?

I can´t see anything wrong with the markings on any of the three you mention!
                  To me they look like textbook and very nice.
                  Besides that, I know that Stan knows his´ way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                    I can´t see anything wrong with the markings on any of the three you mention!
                    To me they look like textbook and very nice.
                    Besides that, I know that Stan knows his´ way around.
                    If i have to choose i would not buy a binocular with the engraving eagle on a Heeres binocular like this one (very questionable some of them thinks that they are good but most of the optic collectors doesn't believe in this pieces),...Dienstglas refer that this was made for the army and not for Kriegsmarine. This matter has already been discussed in the optic thread, many, many times

Comment

Hi,

For the bino, here the actual discussion where Stan himself is asking about it.
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...glas+km&page=2

John,

Sorry, but I did not get your point. Glaser has mentioned his doubts...and this has led now to a discussion about the bino. I do not see any mistake in this.
                      In my opinion, the KM section of the WAF is one of the good places. Here I have never seen pathetic discussions which led into personal offences like seen in many other threads. In addition, never seen any political statements or glorification of the TR....as seen so often here on WAF.

If I have a look into other sections, many times I do not see more comments as "fake", "thumbs down" or even sarcasm towards newbies when they come up with basic questions....and no comments on this by the moderators.
                      As said, I like the KM sections of WAF, they are a solid knowledge-base and members should not be stopped to post their doubts about items.
                      Regards
                      Christian

Comment

Christian,

Glaser was also wrongly suspicious of the engraving of two pocket watches shown in posts 2 & 3 without offering further evidence.

As you will appreciate, comments like that can have a serious effect on the future saleability of such items.

The Hensoldt Wetzlar binos are apparently condemned as being pre-war Heer with post war KM-markings. This is because some collectors do not believe that Dienstglas-marked binos were issued to the KM. Just look at the following glasses which were brought back from Germany in 1945 which disproves this theory.

Im not resting my case on this evidence but it goes to show that there were exceptions to this rule.

Stan
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Stan,

I got your point and agree if it comes to future saleability....but I think comments like Glaser had done can not be avoided if somebody post his collection here. There will be always people which "do not like" or "not textbook"....as it is obvious the case with the binos.

Regards
                          Christian

P.S.
                          I still like all the items you posted !
                          Last edited by John R.; 05-09-2014, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I am not saying that for each post you make on this or any forum you have to go into a big college research study. Nobody has time for that, I certainly do not.

I am just asking for a little help here on this new forum that we do a bit more and give the posters who post their collections more information if we can, especially if you can back up your opinions.

For example, with cap tallies. A poster posts a cap tally but it is clearly post war. So the next poster might say, "I have doubts since it does not conform to period examples in types of thread as shown in the thread pinned above." Or, "That is the classic Scharnhorst fake, you can tell by the uneven ends." That sort of thing, if possible. I certainly think factory markings and stamps on KM equipment can be researched exactly the same way.

Not sure if I am explaining myself satisfactorily here, but I hope so.

Other comments welcome.

John
                            Last edited by John R.; 05-09-2014, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                              Hi,

For the bino, here the actual discussion where Stan himself is asking about it.
                              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...glas+km&page=2

John,

Sorry, but I did not get your point. Glaser has mentioned his doubts...and this has led now to a discussion about the bino. I do not see any mistake in this.
                              In my opinion, the KM section of the WAF is one of the good places. Here I have never seen pathetic discussions which led into personal offences like seen in many other threads. In addition, never seen any political statements or glorification of the TR....as seen so often here on WAF.

If I have a look into other sections, many times I do not see more comments as "fake", "thumbs down" or even sarcasm towards newbies when they come up with basic questions....and no comments on this by the moderators.
                              As said, I like the KM sections of WAF, they are a solid knowledge-base and members should not be stopped to post their doubts about items.
                              Regards
                              Christian
                              Good points Christian, I edited the thread accordingly. John

Comment

Kriegsmarine marching compass Busch Plath

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                                Compass:
                                This is a marching compass made by Emil Busch AG Rathenau and additionally marked with a standard Carl Plath Hamburg eagle mostly seen on a sextant. This could mean that Plath had a contract with the kriegsmarine for these compasses but subcontracted the fabrication to Busch. I never saw any other specimen but this one, sold on on ebay if I remember well. Does any member has another one with a different number or doea anybody has a list of items sold to the navy by Plath? Interesting link between these two german manufactors!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X