X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eample of a Plath eagle on a Kriegsmarine sextant

[ATTACH]2884934[/ATTACH]

Comment

This compass came from the Mark Jarrold collection in the late 1990's which was well before the days of eBay.

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        This compass came from the Mark Jarrold collection in the late 1990's which was well before the days of eBay.

Stan
        Thx for the information Stan, that means that the one a saw on ebay a couple of years ago was a different one, but it had the same eagle pattern.
        Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
          KM Watch. Not too sure what these were issued for...
          The chronohraph watch in #3 is an example made by Hermann Bark Kiel and produced under contract to the German Army with its typical black dial. The rear panel is clear of any markings. Bark also produced also stopwatches for the Kriegsmarine, but these had a white dial and a different engraving. A known genuine white dial KM stopwatch has the number M 9114 and not the "Artl." engraving (Ulric of England and Konrad Knirim), see picture (sorry for the bad quality). IMO the engraving on # 3 is not good.
          PICT0367.jpg

Comment

To bring this thread up again. Especially about the binos Stan showed us. I believe 6 x 30 binos marked with dienstglas and a KM eagle did exist. I got myself a 6 x 30 dienstglas marked as such from a veteran. He served as a leutnant with the coastal artillery. This was his binoculars throughout the war.
            He kept this binoculars about 60 years untill he gave it to me. See the pictures.

This binoculars is not faked. It is the real thing. And I believe Stan his 6x30 binoculars has a very good change to be real too.
            Attached Files

Comment

More
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
              X