No announcement yet.

KM badge, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I wrote on another thread, this orange enamel is strange, at least, but I also think that the wave pattern beneath is a best looking detail on the badge. I doubt fakers would put so much effort in it but obviously, you never know. This one went for around 40GBP, so the low price does not proof a nice quality, in case it's fake, I think.

Comment

I noticed differences in color of mine horns, lions, thickness of laces, colour around the holes, ...

The other cap badge presented on ebay by the same person was a 6th Flotilla U-Boat Badge and definitely a fake, it was the same as the one on this link: http://www.epicmilitaria.com/section...lotilla-badges

so I passed on both!

Comment

You're right.

I think the badge is very nice, but can't say if it's original or not, of course.

Here are some details I saw, which you also pointed out:

A- On original badge the enamel goes al the way to the hole, with no base metal area around.
        B- Wave on original badge touches the hole, while on original it's not.
        C- Obviously thinner right black line of the boat on the eBay piece than on original one.
        D- On original, shield goes all the way down to the holes, with significantly less distance from the holes than on the eBay piece.

As two of these appeared in short time, this can be either a repro or a hoard find of some kind. Who knows.

Also, I would like to know more about the relief reverse posted above, compared to eBay pieces.
        Attached Files

Comment

and finally a fair seller on eBay, saying it's reproduction:
          http://www.ebay.de/itm/KM-Minenleger...item3f3d6b6090
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's another example like caracciola's badge, this one on ratisbon's recent online auction. Shows the reverse for future reference.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's one that belongs to a nice German collector
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Frank K; 04-10-2015, 08:46 PM.

Comment

And what about this "souvenir" ?
                Regards.
                RAPH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X