Kriegsmarine level instrument sold on e-stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glaser View Post
    What does a ZEISS eagle on a OTTO FENNEL instrument?
    No idea..............other than the possibility that Otto Fennel did not produce the lenses for his instruments in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by 11C View Post
      No idea..............other than the possibility that Otto Fennel did not produce the lenses for his instruments in this case.
      Than still remains the question why a ZEISS eagle on a Otta Fennel instrument? The instrument is made by Otto Fennel according to the box.

And from what I know of these instruments. All the instruments I've ever seen always had a makermark on the instrument...either stamped or a seperate metal plate attached to the instrument.

About this instrument, I don't know about originality but I have doubts the eagle stamp is original.

Comment

At last year's Ciney-militaria I saw a large number of measuring equipment with a well counterfeit Kriegsmarine markings. Believe me that the fakes were excellent, and probably dealer was able to cheat me, but the number of offered equipment aroused my suspicions. I think that it appears to be more and more geodetic equipment with fake Kriegsmarine stamping. At this time, an assessment of authenticity of items is based on my many years collector experience but if you know of some new interesting books in this topic, please let me know.
        Knowledge is never enough

Regards
        Jakub

Comment

KM kriegsmarine level instrument original OTTO FENNEL

this is how a matching OTTO FENNEL instrument and box look like
          Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]2763198[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2763199[/ATTACH]

Comment

Very nice one Glaser!

Comment

A few quick photos of Carl Zeiss Jena (blc) markings on Kriegsmarine equipment.
                Attached Files

Comment

next
                  Attached Files

Comment

very nice and rare instrument! nice view of the CZJ eagle, what a difference with the one on the level instrument, just look at the positioning of the IV/1!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X