Opinions needed on Kriegsmarine Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Sparks,
    Evidently not all clocks were marked in this way.
    Peter.

Comment

Well, here is another early one for sale right now ;-)

http://www.militarytrader.co.uk/foru...4749#post84749

Comment

Hi afx20000,
        Thanks for the link. I decided after doing a little bit of elementary research not to go for the clock that I posted. The vendor stated that it had come off U 23? which was sunk post war off the coast of Londonderry, the person he obtained it from being a member of the crew of that boat. It appears that no U Boat worth the number 23? was sunk at this location after the war. Due to this I felt that I could withdraw from the sale without appearing to be "dishonourable" in the matter. I have indeed seen other KM clocks with clear faces and matching numbers in the correct places. Best price offered so far is £1500, but am still negotiating since this seems still to be a bit high judging from the replies in this thread.
        Peter.

Comment

I have come across another clock which is not from a dealer site, but would be very grateful for opinions on it. Asking price is around £1500 or thereabouts. I am told that it is numbered on the back which is copied on the movement, and the last two digits are repeated on the hinge and catch. On the face of it, possibly, it stands a reasonable chance of being correct, but there are some impressive fakes of this type of clock out there and I am no expert, so would be grateful for other people's advice and opinions on it. I attach some pics.
          Thanks,
          Peter.
          Attached Files

Comment

Have to load pics one at a time because I am using my iPad.
            Attached Files

Comment

One more pic.
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X