GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coastal Artillery Officer's Breast Eagle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastal Artillery Officer's Breast Eagle?

Greetings!
    I am hoping that the good members of the WAF can settle a friendly debate between myself and another collector colleague over this breast eagle. I believe it to be an original Coastal Artillery breast eagle, the other gentleman believes that it is a repro Heer General's breast eagle. Any opinions?! Many thanks in advance!

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/...y/IMG_1001.jpg

I believe you are correct and this is a fine KA breast eagle.
    Really in nice condition too; lots of nice detail.

Regards,
    JustinG

Comment

Hello David,
      Unfortunately imo is repro generals eagle. This one have green backing fabric, its not KM type of colour. Also some details doesn't looks correct, sorry.

Regards, Bono.

Comment

Salut,

I'd buy the equivalent for a schirm as an original ...

Comment

Hi David,

It's a tough call considering the potential variability of hand made eagles. Certainly the design is atypical compared with more common bullion breast eagles.

If you compare to the good examples in this thread,
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=582101
          you'll see that, although there is variability in details between eagles, there is a common theme in the method of production and sewing. Yours has a very unusual wreath, both in the direction of the bullion wires and the in the absence of over-stitching. The stitching on the reverse however looks quite convincing.

So is it a fake or is it an atypical, perhaps foreign-made example, in which case we wouldn't have the comfort of seeing a "classic" design? It would help if there was decent provenance on this or a similar example to guide us but if you had that I guess you wouldn't have posted.

Best regards,
          ---Norm

Comment

CA Eagle

Hello,
            I have to say, this eagle does not float my boat. You really have to be careful with these.

Regards,
            Jody

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X