Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange KM colani jacket

Hello,

this was on auction recently and I drop a dice/won it.

It was interesting for me seing that it has gold tresse on the sleeves, or gold piping, not clearly visible. The seller had few other items from the same guy, saying it belonged t0 Z-40 crewmember. Not buying the story, but there were some nice items there, it seems.

Anybody have more thought about this one?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

you where the guy outbidding me....

nice NCO jacket, in the album (if you win that too) there are some pictures of the guy wearing this jacket. Good job

Comment

Ha, many times another bider is a colleague member.
          In fact, I went that far because I was looking for the one like this, with collar tresse.

Unfortunately, I didn't won the album, but have some c/p of the photos from the auction.

Comment

Hm, just looking. I haven't saved the scans from that eBay auction with the photo album. Hopefuly someone has it.

Comment

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
              Hm, just looking. I haven't saved the scans from that eBay auction with the photo album. Hopefuly someone has it.
              http://www.ebay.de/itm/100-Original-...item4606c368ba

Comment

I bought the story there was a huge photo and paper collection all named to the same bloke what more of a story do you need ? , I was tempted but it was a tad too much , nice jacket . Rob
                God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Hm, I saw too many gatherings of ooriginal items together, every single time that was done around some original lot, either cloth or documents, than added tunics, caps, badges etc. just to raise the price...

I believe that's also wht some of the non-honest dealers are doing, also.

I think thatz this offer was original, but wouldn't judge just by that. Of course, strong knowledge is best trigger to buy or not, but sometimes even the best ones are not 100% sure what they got, assembled or original lot.

Anyway, this nice one is coming soon...

Comment

Does anybody know something more about the strange gold sleeve piping?

I looked over books, Internet, but missed to find anything about the regulation which speaks about such piping.

Any info?

Comment

Amiklic 1,
                      I am not sure if this makes any difference to this grouping or not as I can no longer open the Ebay listing but there was no Z-40 commissioned. It went from Z-39 to the last one, Z-43. The Karl Galster was actually the Z-20. Naming of Zerstorers stopped with the Z-23, the first ship of the 1936A "Narvik" class.
                      JAndrew

Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
                        Amiklic 1,
                        I am not sure if this makes any difference to this grouping or not as I can no longer open the Ebay listing but there was no Z-40 commissioned. It went from Z-39 to the last one, Z-43. The Karl Galster was actually the Z-20. Naming of Zerstorers stopped with the Z-23, the first ship of the 1936A "Narvik" class.
                        JAndrew
                        Hi Guys,

In those photos on e-Bay from the album there's a photo labelled "Der Kommandant" showing Korvettenkapitän Theodor Freiherr von Bechtolsheim who was in fact captain of the Z20 (Karl Galster). Von Bechtolsheim left that command in August, 1942, and there's another document in that grouping from Christmas 1943 naming the Z24, but Von Bechtolsheim didn't command that ship (it was Korvettenkapitän Birnbacher at that time). The album goes back to the sailor's basic training in 1940 at the 6th Schiffsstammabteilung, so I presume the grouping covers his whole career. The album say Hans Föller N10633/40S so that must be the sailor's name.

I guess the seller made an error and said Z40 instead of Z20?

Andjelo, it looks like you'll have to hang a Destroyer badge on that Colani.

Best regards,
                        ---Norm
                        Last edited by Norm F; 08-20-2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

You mean the one that's on it's way home right now?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
                            You mean the one that's on it's way home right now?
                            Very nice Schwerin! I'm looking forward to your display. Does the Colani have the loops for it?

Best regards,
                            ---Norm

Comment

I don't think so. I could order the service records and check from the data, but as I'm mainly doing the displays which are nice to my eyes, I think I'll put the badge on it.

Of course, it's always a matter of decision to do it originally based on the prson's real life or to equip the jackets with period insignia and badges.

I'm somewhere in the middle right now, some are original and some are just as I like them to be.

Now I'll make a Croatian naval legion out of the first colani I bought some time ago. Was waiting for that to happen ;-)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X