Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 x KM eagles

Hey

I got this two KM eagles, as a part of a deal.

The cloth one, I would say is a repro, due to sewing on the backside

The metal one, the eagle looks nice, but I have not seen that kind of lock on the backside.

Please let me have your opinion

Best
    Dk Hunter / Søren

Disclaimer:
    I am a collector of bayonets, daggers, medals and badges, when I am out hunting for ww2 relics; I usually get hold of a lot of different items, when I doubt off the originality, I sometimes use WAF and the huge knowledge that is found here, to validate it, BUT……

If the item is not among, what I collect (or it is already in my collection), I intend to sell or trade it, therefore, if you are offended by me selling the item (and letting others enjoy the item, in their collection), after you have given me your opinion, the please ignore this entry, and move to the next entry.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Greetings,
      Your suspicion about the cloth eagle is correct. This is a fake. The eagle feathers in the wings were my obvious give away and tell tale sign of fake.
      I believe that the metal eagle shown is also a questionable piece. I would love to look at this from the top or bottom edge up.
      Looking at it, I have seen some plaques or photo albums with similar eagles; I wondered if someone tried to make into an insignia piece by soldering clasp, retaining hook and bottom stabilizer pin?
      Regards,
      JustinG

Comment

Hi Soren

Dont know enough to discuss the cloth eagle but the metal one looks OK to me. Ron posted the same identical eagle in posts 38 and 40 of the KM eagles thread. Piece looks like zink eagle with crimped hardware and is marked "RK" behind the lower clasp. Given the multitude of variations, metal types/finishes and mounting systems used on these summer uniform breast eagles I see nothing wrong with this one but wait for more feedback
        Regards

JC

Comment

The cloth eagle is of a type that has been much discussed in some previous threads and John VD Heijden presented a convincing argument for this type as being probably french made and original.

The metal eagle is unusual, as from the front it looks like the type seen for the front of the Tropical helmet, though the attachment set up is that for wearing on a tunic. I cannot comment on it's authenticity, but as Jean-Claude mentioned, one has been posted previously in the KM eagles thread.

Jerry

Comment

You guys are impressing; it is an exact duplicate of this one (number 38) , including “Makers Mark”

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=560177&page=3,

Regarding the cloth eagle, I’ll put it in my box of doubtfully, until I get hold of some dark / blue / uv light and put it through the test

Thank your for your help

Best
            Dk Hunter / Søren

Comment

This thread discusses the tropical version of the same eagle.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=438776

Regards,

Jerry

Comment

Agree with Bond: The cloth eagle is an original cap eagle (hence the four feathers).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X