Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kriegsmarine Standard Bearer insignia!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,

Have a few pics of the Standard in action, unfortunately they are not that clear but this is all I have for now.

Cheers
    JustinC

Comment

Hm, on your photos the bearer is wearing the bandoleer from the right shoulder. First time I see that. I think that regulation was opposite, as is on all other photos I saw.

Valuable proof

Comment

Hi Guys,

I came across this official article from Apr 1, 1941 on the "Fahnenträgerabzeichen Kriegsmarine" which seemed pertinent to this thread.

I haven't tried to translate it (hard work!).

Best regards,
        ---Norm
        Attached Files

Comment

I have this one which I am going to be listing on estand...but unsure of what to ask for it!!!
          faded front side, but rear the colours are great must have looked stunning in its day
          Attached Files

Comment

KM Standard Bearer Patch

Hello,
            What a great piece of insignia and what a great thread. I wish I had one.

Regards,
            Jody

Comment

Great pieces indeed. Thanks Norm and Rikster.

I think we should translate this article...

Comment

Again note the drawing in the article shows nail heads on only one flag and not both. I still contend that those patches we see with the nail heads on both are repros.
                JAndrew

Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
                  Again note the drawing in the article shows nail heads on only one flag and not both. I still contend that those patches we see with the nail heads on both are repros.
                  JAndrew

Do you have any images that you could post?

John

Comment

John,Please go to post #7 of this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...+bearer&page=3

Regards,
                    JAndrew

Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
                      JAndrew
                      Yes, on only one pole, but as those were handmade, and there are few variants I tend to believe can be originals.

Of course, without the wartime detailed photo proof, we will not know and I agree that we should consider those with two-poles tacks not original.

The problem is that the price of those is really high, and I had rather bought mine for premium price than playing with some suspect species and discover they are fakes later.

Comment

Standard bearers and side officers.
                        Interesting position of the standard.

Comment

Another standard bearer photo I just won on eBay.
                          I love those photos, and before I have started to collect them, I thought that they are much rarer than they really are.

It seems that this standard bearer is not wering the patch, at least what's visible from this eBay photo. Will check when it comes.

Enjoy!
                          Attached Files

Comment

And here are two other photos. Not very clear, but nice, indeed.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice photos. In post #57 it looks to me like the flag to the far right is the RKF and the one to the far left in the back ground is a KM standard. I think I see the lower end of the sash and some sort of device on the right sleeve as well. What do you think? It looks to me like the sailors are taking an oath on the RKF and as far as I know this was always done using the RKF for the military.
                              JAndrew

Comment

The photos are still on their way to me, but I think you might be right, when I take a better look, indeed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X