My new KM artillery tunic :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
    BUT, I found something that might suit this story, on GMIC, posted by Gordon (as a tropical KM tunic though), who took the photo of it in the Uboot Archiv.
    It looks greenish.
    Very similar to that jacket from the U-Boot Archiv, here's a photo of my Dad in the brown tunic of the blue uniform standing next to another officer wearing the tropical KM tunic. You can see the similarities and the differences between the two types of tunic.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Attached Files

Comment

I must say that I'm a bit confused with the fact that it's stamped and official, and yet out of the regulation with the color.

Eduardo, do you have any photo of such green jacket? I am trying to find some, but without success.

Andjelo

Comment

OK, found another one.

Here:
        http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/32...s/page__st__20

it's written:

Here's a tunic you don't see too often. Angolia calls it the '"field-grey" jacket of the blue uniform' (Vol 1 page 355). the color is more of a reed green, not the typical KM grey-green.

(and I am still waiting my Angolia 1&3 ).

And here are the few pics:
        Attached Files

Comment

and one more pic. At least it's green, even if there are some differences (pocket flaps etc.). But all in all, that's it as it seems:
          Attached Files

Comment

And some more KM tunics made of the green material.
            One is in "German Soldiers of World War 2" by Jean de Lagarde (Histoire et Collections) page 88:
            Attached Files

Comment

That is a very similar tunic, very nice also,

This last one is a drill KA tunic, nothing to do with your tunic.
              Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
              Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Yes, I see that. Completely different one.

Thanks Eduardo and Norm, your help on KM/KA topics is always appreciated, as always.

Andjelo

Comment

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
                  I must say that I'm a bit confused with the fact that it's stamped and official, and yet out of the regulation with the color.

Eduardo, do you have any photo of such green jacket? I am trying to find some, but without success.
                  Hi Andjelo,

I don't think anyone is suggesting the green jacket is "out of regulation". If I understand correctly, Eduardo was just making the point that the so-called "brown jacket" of the blue uniform for use in warmer climates actually appears in various colours other than brown, all allowable under regulations, but even if it's green that colour doesn't make it an Artillery tunic.

Best regards,
                  ---Norm

Comment

OK, I got it now.

I thought that the green uniforms were used solely by KA, but it seems, as you said, that those came in various colors.

Model differences maybe come from the fact that there were different manufacturers, maybe they were manufacturers in different time etc.

Now I know much more than before. Thanks.

Comment

Here is the similar one, brown-green colour.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I would like to put this one on a torso, and equip with the belt and Luger holster.
                        I'm trying to decide between brown and black belt. Any hint?
                        What would be more appropriate?

here is how it was shown on P. Lucas site:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X