Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new KM artillery tunic :-)

Hi!

I just bought this one from P. Lucas. I couldn't resist the look and the fact it's mint.

So, enjoy:
    Attached Files

few more
    Attached Files

Comment

and few more:
      Attached Files

Comment

last one
        Attached Files

Comment

Wunderbar! Great score!
          Peter finds nice material!

Comment

Superb!

Comment

Great tunic. Did your tunic have the stitched loops for the metal Summer Kriegsmarine Eagle?

All around superb. Nice pick up.

Regards,
              JustinG

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
                Great tunic. Did your tunic have the stitched loops for the metal Summer Kriegsmarine Eagle?

All around superb. Nice pick up.

Regards,
                JustinG
                Yes, three stitched loops.

This is the third item I bought from Peter, every one of them mint as it can be.

Comment

Nice piece, it looks great, but IMO it's not a marine artillerie (coastal artillerie) officer tunic but the brown (more green this time) tunic of the blue uniform for officers and NCOs
                  Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                  Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Nice tunic indeed. Eduardo is right. This is not a coastal artillery tunic.

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                      Nice piece, it looks great, but IMO it's not a marine artillerie (coastal artillerie) officer tunic but the brown (more green this time) tunic of the blue uniform for officers and NCOs
                      Yes, I saw that and thought something IS a bit strange.

It has a stamps inside, so it shouldn't be a private purchase (right?). The color is completely green, not a sign of a brown ;-).

Do you have any reference where I could take a look? I was searching but with no success. Never saw something like this, to be honest.

Peter is very fair and good dealer, so I just trust him and his experience, but I'd like to chase this one to the roots.

Comment

It's different than this one:
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?p=3874564

as it has a different small lapel in front.

and this one:
                        http://www.jessensrelics.com/GU/GU-016.html

The front upper pockets have a kind of a raised side-bottom as it's seen on the photos.

I'm sure someone will know more. A strange item, really.

Comment

BUT, I found something that might suit this story, posted by Gordon (as a tropical KM tunic though), who took the photo of it in the Uboot Archiv.
                          It looks greenish.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by amiklic1; 03-30-2012, 02:11 AM.

Comment

From pictures I like it and have no problems, but this kind of tunic, identical to the white officer/NCO tunic was define by the regulations as brown tunic of the blue uniform and not as tropical KM tunic. I have seen them in brown, light are darker, fieldgrey and green like yours, along the war the regulations weren't followed many times.
                            Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                            Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Yes, I understood. The strange thing for me was the fact that, even if it's not as per regulations, it's still "official piece", at least per stamps inside ;-).

So, it's one of the unusual ones, and rare I dare to say. I just love it.

Too bad I don't have larger room to present more than 5 frames with tunics. I think I'll circle them inside, just to enjoy in each and every one of them :-).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X